Our client a Logistics and Facilities management company is looking to hire a Logistics Manager.
· To ensure continuous sourcing and supply chain support in coordination with local operations team to generate category sales growth and development in line with the company vision and target.
· Identifying the right supplier and managing purchase contracts with the suppliers with regards to price, quality, sourcing and supply.
· Negotiating on Assortment Planning with Operations team
· Source from international markets to assemble new and seasonal collection of products for timely trade marketing execution
· Feasibility studies on new product ranges, including shipping and supply chain planning
· Works with Operational Team Leaders to develop scenarios to change the phasing of demand to address supply gaps
· Managing the entire logistics from Port to Store in an efficiently managing due parameters
· Coordinate on Market Survey and analysis
· Sales analysis at Category levels for the stores
· Authorization of purchase order and follow up the timely supply
· Close monitoring of fast moving products and bulk buying
· Promotion planning and alignment towards sourcing and logistics
· Inventory con rol planning in terms of cost and efficiently manage holding costs
· Negotiate discounts and rebates, payment terms, other operating income.
· Analyze forecast accuracy and bias and identify improve these KPI’s and implement process enhancement
· To build relationships internally and externally for meeting group targets
· Managing the product database in its rightful manner
· Collaborate and align to System Process management and system control
· Effective communication and engagement with the on ground team on operational issues
-Bachelor Degree, ideally in Business Administration
-5+ years of experience in Supermarket Industry is a must
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
Address: Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O. Box 12405 Kampala.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.