The ’s Humanitarian Aid and Civil Protection Department (ECHO) seeks to recruit a
PROGRAMME ASSISTANT (PA)
To join its Field Office in Kampala
The European Commission’s Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the . For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Humanitarian Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
1. Duties & Responsibilities
The Programme Assistant will be based in Kampala. He/she will carry out activities to contribute to the delivery of an effective humanitarian response. Under the direct supervision of the Technical Assistant, the employee shall contribute to assessments, monitoring and evaluations of projects, as well as to the analysis of the humanitarian context in the area of coverage. The Programme Assistant will be responsible for the following main tasks:-
• Situation assessments;
• Analysis of ECHO partners' proposals;
• Monitoring, evaluation and coordination of projects;
• Reporting and programme administration;
• Liaising with partners in an advisory capacity.
2. Required Qualifications
• Have a relevant first level university degree;
• Demonstrate 5 years relevant working experience in the development and/or; humanitarian aid sector / INGOs / NGOs. If the candidate does not have a relevant university degree, ten years’ work experience in the humanitarian sector will be required;
• Have thorough knowledge of the Logical Framework Approach and Project Cycle Management.
3. Required Skills
• Fluent written and spoken English and Luganda are required with Excellent drafting skills;
• Personal initiative; ability to work both independently and in a team, with ability to set priorities, and to work to tight deadlines;
• Commitment, determination, reliability, a high degree of personal integrity and discretion;
• Ability to analyse and process complex information; ability to clearly and concisely convey information to others
The position is open to all nationals of Uganda and other residents holding a valid working permit or able to obtain such working permit before the foreseen recruitment date.
Applications including a cover letter, a detailed CV, academic and employment certificates should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com until 08/12/2017.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates who will not have been contacted by XX/XX/2017 should consider that they have not been selected.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.