- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Programme Coordinator -. FAWE Uganda
NGO / Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 24/04/2019
Minimum qualification: Masters degree
Minimum years of experience: 7
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
FAWEU is a pan African non-government organisation which was launched in 1997.
FAWE Uganda’s goal is to accelerate female participation in education, and aiming at closing the gender gap within the education system at all levels. FAWE Uganda spearheads girls’ education and empowerment by contributing to EFA goals, in particular to gender parity and equity in education.
Reports to: Programmes Manager
Supervises: Programme Officer
Duty Station: Kampala, Head Office
The Programme Coordinator shall oversee the coordination of all aspects of the Mastercard Foundation Higher Education Access Program including planning, organizing, implementing, leading and controlling programme activities. She/he is to ensure value for money, effectiveness and efficiency in the delivery of services in line with the FAWE’s and funding partner’s expectations.
The Programme Coordinator is expected to ensure the programme employs good practices to deliver the expected results (outputs and outcomes). She/he is to ensure that high quality services are provided to the beneficiaries that need them the most and their work directly contributes to sustainable impact on the beneficiaries.
Key Performance Areas/Accountabilities
Planning, Budgeting and Implementation
- Ensure effective and efficient implementation of the programme as per the expected targets.
- Participate and provide technical support in the general organizational annual planning process.
- Lead the annual planning and budgeting process for the programme.
- Participate in the organizational planning and budgeting process.
- Prepare quality and comprehensive reports on programme achievements and outcomes and submit both summary and narrative reports in a timely manner as per established reporting schedules by both the organization and the funding partner.
- Establish a formal communication and reporting structure to ensure that whatever is planned, is implemented as evidenced by the necessary reports.
- Actively participate in the programme participant identification process.
- Ensure that day to day decisions are in line with the agreed programme strategy and guidelines.
Leadership and People Management
- Prepare performance plans and participate in performance evaluations and appraisals as scheduled.
- Ensure that all team members have agreed performance objectives and implementation is in line with those objectives in order to achieve the desired outcomes.
- Supervise line staff by articulating performance expectations, displaying model behavior, maintaining open lines of communication and being clear about roles and relationships.
- Regularly review and evaluate individual employee and team performance and make the necessary interventions to either sustain or improve performance.
- Together with team members, identify training needs and work with the HR Office to organize relevant trainings to bridge the existing performance gaps and strengthen capacity.
- Improve operations by strengthening capacity and building a high performance team, identifying and enhancing talent as well as managing performance.
- Handle all employee related issues under the programme in a professional manner and in accordance with established policies, procedures and guidelines.
Networking, Advocacy and Stakeholder Management
• Organize regular meetings with both internal and external stakeholders to foster positive relationships.
• Prepare and submit reports to key stakeholders through the Programmes Manager within the agreed timeframes.
• Effectively communicate with stakeholders as and when required ensuring that they are kept up-to-date with progress made in different areas.
• Support the designing and implementation of effective advocacy strategies.
• Assist with the development of public relations and communication strategies to support programme goals and increase awareness about the programme.
Documentation, Replication and Mainstreaming
- Collect useful and relevant information and maintain an up-to-date databank that can be used in programme quality improvement.
- Assist the Chapter with the documentation and sharing of success stories and good practices as well as lessons learned arising from programme implementation, for sharing and replication.
- Monitoring, Evaluation, Research and Learning
- Review terms of reference for M&E activities.
- Actively participate in the monitoring of programme activities.
- Review field monitoring reports and periodic reports for quality assurance.
- Ensure timely and quality reporting to the Foundation through FAWE RS.
- Identify areas requiring research for both programme improvement and learning purposes.
Finance, Accountability, Administration Activities
- Make timely requests and provide accountability for all funds required/use for programme implementation.
- Maintain a high standard of stewardship and accountability for all funds and assets entrusted to you.
- Ensure safety of all assets under your charge and report all faults to administration.
- Liaise with the administration team for logistics on programme activities as may be required.
Others Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you by your supervisor from time to time.
QUALIFICATIONS AND TRAINING
- A Masters’ Degree in Project Planning and Management, Social Sciences, Development Studies, Social Work and Social Administration or other related fields is essential.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Sciences, Social Work and Social Administration, Development Studies, Adult and Community Education or related field is essential.
- A post graduate diploma in Project Planning and Management is desirable if the main qualification is not in this field.
- Computer literacy (MS Word, Excel, and Statistical Packages) is essential.
- At least seven years’ experience in programming in a reputable NGO, three of which must be in managing scholarship programmes.
- Experience working on girls’ education and development issues is essential.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of education programmes.
- Experience in managing consultants.
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Proven strategic and implementation ability with strong conceptual and analytical skills for planning, monitoring, impact assessment and learning
- Possession of strong people leadership and management skills and abilities and proven ability to work effectively with others to achieve results
- Actively seeks out feedback on their performance (both results and behaviors) with a view to continuous learning and growth
- Building relationships – ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with others both internally and externally to achieve the goals of the organization
- Demonstrated understanding of concepts and application in organizational learning and knowledge management
- Demonstrated understanding and experience of gender and diversity issues and proven commitment to addressing inequalities in all key areas of responsibility
- Demonstrated report writing skills
- A thorough understanding of the main gender issues and tools for analysis and gender mainstreaming
- Self-driven and able to work under minimal supervision
- An excellent understanding of the concepts and practices of participatory development approaches
- Financial Management skills
- Excellent Communication skills
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address and e-mail below. Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org People Performance Group, Plot 8 Kitante Close, P.O. Box 12405, Kampala, Uganda” While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.