- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Logisitics Assistant-. ICRC
Logistics / Transportation
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 20/03/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 2
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office,MS Excel
Place of employment: KAMPALA
LINE MANAGER: LOGISTICIAN 2
WORKING HOURS: 20 HOURS (50% OCCUPATIONAL RATE)
The Logistics Assistant supports the delegation's logistics team by following up on and handling requests.
Generic Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
Provides support in accordance with logistics standards, ICRC rules, financial procedures and regulations. This may include some or all of the following activities:
• Meetings with internal customers for collaborative demand planning (CDP)
• Order management
• Maintenance, follow-up and statistical reporting using the Field Supply System (FSS) application
• Follow-up on inventory levels
• Transport of goods and coordinating trips into the field
• Import-export formalities
• Filing and archiving of documents.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
Procurement and Purchasing
- Ensures validation and recording of Requisition Orders (ROs) according to established criteria
- Ensures accurate and timely follow-up and treatment of Requisition Orders
- Provides feedback to the requester concerning status of validated Requisition Orders
- Update and close RO files
- Establishes and keep up to date RO Data Base
- Investigates for delayed RO
- Monitor and follow up on claims and claims procedures
- Carryout purchasing in accordance with ICRC standards within local area for those items not forwarded to Manila
- Ensures that purchasing is carried out in accordance with ICRC standards, is auditable and fully transparent and is carried out in to the satisfaction of the "client" departments
- Liaises with the Administration on financial issues
- Manages the warehouse including monthly stock inventory for all assistance items in accordance with ICRC guidelines
- Ensures all the stock items are accompanied by the appropriate documents
- Ensure that all warehouses are appropriate for requirements, clean and secure
- Reports to the Immediate Supervisor in order to enable him / her maintaining optimum stock levels, using cards or other systems, this according to regulations in place and instructions received by the Immediate Supervisor
- Responsible for the reception, careful inspection of all items delivered to all types of stocks and documents signature.
- Responsible for the proper and careful storage of all items and for their packing and loading for distribution to 'clients'
- Supervises / checks the Loaders / Head Loaders while working in the store
- Locks warehouses whenever no staff is present
Computer systems / Field Supply System (FSS)
- As required to operate and maintain ICRC logistics standard computer system
Transport / Dispatch
- To arrange and execute forwarding of all assistance items, diplomatic pouch, personal effects to final destination as requested
- Send back to issuer all Waybills after having signature.
- Maximise fleet efficiency and effectiveness through planned resource allocation and maintenance in accordance with Workshop Manager (or VFM)
- Send monthly statistics to Headquarters all logistics forms copies after checking and signatures
- Abides by the Security Rules and the ICRC Code of Conduct at all times;
- Ensures optimal information management and sharing within the delegation in line with internal guidelines and in full respect of confidentiality principles;
- Performs duties and tasks not covered in this job description and provides support to other departments when necessary.
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
- University degree in Logistics, stores, supply chain management or related field
- Minimum 2 – 3 years’ work experience in a logistics department or environment
- Confirmed computer skills, especially in Excel & Word
- Able to work within deadlines and sometimes under stressful conditions
- Driving skills with a valid driving permit with B and DM classes is an added advantage
• Personal integrity, honesty, discretion and reliability.
• Excellent report-drafting skills, with consistent attention to detail.
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to train, coach and motivate others.
• Strong sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative and to work independently.
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the e-mail below. Email: email@example.com While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.