- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Communications Officer-. Fields of Life
Fields of Life
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 20/03/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 3
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
Fields of Life is committed to sharing the Christian faith by collaborating with local communities and Churches in East Africa to bring about positive change through the provision of quality education, clean water, health promotion and other community based projects
Job Title: Communications Officer
Reporting to: Executive Director
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The officer will provide a lead role on the management of the communication with a sole purpose of attaining efficiency and effectiveness in achieving the vision, mission and the goal of the organisation. The post holder has responsibility for administering and coordinating the communication processes in the organisation
- Develop a clear communications protocol for the organization ensuring that this is consistent with the guidelines and principles of Fields of Life
- Implement and monitor the delivery of the communications strategy and plan;
- Formulate media information packages to mark international days relating the organisation’s thematic areas
- Develop, review and edit organisational documents to be shared with stakeholders
- Conceptualize, develop and package various information materials on Fields of Life work for communications / publicity purposes (e.g. brochures, briefing kits, magazines, annual reports, Field notes, videos, etc.);
- As part of the communications strategy and plan, produce and disseminate newsletters and other publications for both external and internal stakeholders;
- Liaise and maintain contact with all stakeholders in implementing the communication strategy
- Keep abreast with the initiatives of FOL HQ and adapt in the communication and media work
- Draw up budgets for communications and media work and activities
- Carries out any other duties as requested by Management.
- Carries out administrative duties associated with the completion of the duties and tasks of the Communications Executive
- Monthly reports submitted to the line manager and copy to the Head of Programs
- Quarterly reports developed in line with the approved communication work plan and approved to guide implementations including achievements, challenges with action taken and success story for the interventions taken.
- Develop and maintain a very good data base for all the photo, videos and success stories.
- Gender: Mainstream gender in communication activities and promote a gender sensitive environment in your work.
- Risk Management: identify possible risks to FOL’s operations and report in a timely manner.
- Outreach: Support FOL staff, partners and supported communities including children to get deeper understanding and appreciation of the role of faith in development.
- Child protection: Adhere to FOL’s child protection policy and code of conduct; prevent, identify, report and respond to child protection issues and incorporate CP in communication activities.
KEY RESULTS AREAS:
- Develop a communication strategy
- Development of program specific information materials
- Authoring, reviewing & editing documentation
- Dissemination of information materials to stakeholders
- Documentation of organisational achievements
- Staff Communication Trainings
- Share the organisation’s story in the media
KEY QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Essential: Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication/Journalism/Community Development OR Bachelor’s Degree in Education, Social Work and Social Administration, Social Sciences or related field
Desired: Post graduate qualification or certification in public relations and customer care or creative writing.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years’ consecutive experience in a similar role, or in writing and editing position at a media house.
Personal attributes: Self supervisory, results oriented, able to work under pressure, high level of creativity.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Application should be marked as “Communications Officer FOL” Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.