- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Associate -. CivFund, CivSource Africa
CivFund, CivSource Africa
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 27/03/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 7
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
The Associate CivFund, will support the process of establishing and set-up of the CivFund. In addition, s/he will be responsible for the development and implementation of interventions under the CivFund that will largely focus on strengthening civil society efforts to more effectively champion human rights and social justice, as well as address obstacles to free participation. Working closely with the Senior Associate, the Associate will keep abreast with developments in the context related to funding and philanthropy (local and international), as well as specific issues related to effective civil society participation. The Associate may also be requested to present workshops and seminars, take on special projects and other initiatives as required, develop and manage relationships with colleagues and engage in other activities that generally serve CivSource Africa’s mission. The Associate reports to the Senior Associate.
Program development and planning: Contribute to developing programs and activities that advance CivSource Africa’s mission and strategic direction. Specific responsibility for providing thought leadership in thematic areas of focus, and contributing to development of annual and quarterly workplans.
Grants management: Has primary responsibility to participate in the design of a system for grants management, and oversee the administration of grants, the management of grants related databases and oversight of workflow processes and procedures to ensure accurate and efficient collection and reporting of grants data. Specifically,
- Administer and maintain a system for grants management including forms, templates, reports, and data structure.
- Participate in the development, drafting, and implementation all grants management policies and procedures.
- Design, implement and monitor grant management workflow processes and procedures
- Oversees the continual improvement of grants management operational systems, processes
- Respond to grant data requests and inquiries from internal and external audiences, including preparation of data analysis and generation of reports:
Program implementation and performance: Ensure implementation of programs and activities under your direct responsibility. Strive to implement activities in accordance with workplans. In particular, ensure regular and consistent support to grantees including review of their proposals, reports and participating in their key events and/or activities. Provide reports and /or other forms of documentation and/or updates on activities as required.
Monitoring support to grantees: In coordination with colleagues on the program team, conduct due diligence and site visits for current and prospective grantee organizations; monitor activities and use of funds by current grantees; evaluate grantee performance.
Manage client relations on program issues: In close liaison with the Senior Associate, manage client relations related to your portfolio. This includes maintaining regular communication (e.g. through regular emails, conference calls and program reports), providing updates on the context and key program issues, providing critical feedback to international program staff on grant making decisions and recommendations; identifying and recommending grantees that align with clients’ programmatic priorities.
Exercise field leadership: by networking and collaborating with donors and NGOs working in relevant fields; attend relevant forums, meetings and conferences. Contribute to the development of the context tracker, situation analysis and other key CivSource Africa documents.
Networking and Alliance building: Build and maintain alliances and partnerships with other organizations. Engage and network with donors and NGOs working in relevant fields in Uganda; attend relevant forums, meetings and conferences that will enhance program quality
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Qualifications
- 7+ years professional experience working in the fields of international development and/or human rights in Uganda;
- University degree required; graduate degree preferred;
- Excellent English oral and written communications skills and analytic abilities required, knowledge of local languages a plus;
- Prior experience with grantmaking or grants management;
- Ability to work across a range of programmatic issue areas; specific experience in the areas of human rights, economic development, women’s rights, reproductive health, and/or children’s rights a plus;
- Initiative, resourcefulness, and flexibility—ability to work independently with minimal supervision;
- Demonstrated commitment to international human rights and social justice;
- Ability to travel within Uganda and to the U.S.; and
- Ability to handle confidential client information with complete discretion.
How to Apply
For employment consideration, please submit an application to email@example.com Subject Line: “[Your name] — ASSOCIATE.” All applications must include: A résumé; A thoughtful cover letter, including how you became aware of this opportunity (i.e., job portal, referral, etc.),why you think you are suitable for the job, and your salary requirement (you must specify an actual amount and range); and One writing sample (No less than 3 and no more than 5 pages No phone calls please.