- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Partnership Officer-. ICRC Delegation Uganda
ICRC Delegation Uganda
NGO / Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 19/02/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 3
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
LINE MANAGER: Cooperation Coordinator
Partnership Officer 1 contributes to implementing their delegation's objectives for cooperation with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) in line with the ICRC’s Movement policies and in consultation with the Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS). S/he contributes to building a positive relationship between the ICRC and the URCS.
Generic Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to implementing the operational partnership between the ICRC and the URCS by working closely with colleagues and the URCS to develop joint procedures and operational arrangements.
- Identifies the URCS’s strengths and weaknesses to better set strategy and objectives for capacity-building and clearly communicates them to colleagues (also communicates the URCS’s specific auxiliary status to State authorities).
- Takes trips to the field to prepare and attend joint assessments and/or contribute to URCS’s capacity-building.
- Contributes to maintaining a constant overview of the Movement’s activities, capacity and affairs.
- Contributes to organizing various Movement meetings.
- Ensures that the URCS provides operational and financial reports on a regular basis and according to established formats and procedures; provides training and regular coaching in financial management and reporting to URCS staff.
- Maintains an open line of communication with URCS technical staff on capacity-strengthening needs and institutional support at HQ and at ICRC priority branches level.
- Provides support to the URCS on legal and statutory matters.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the line manager;
- Maintain contacts with URCS and Movement partners; in particular liaising on a regular basis on routine concerns or issues of the Cooperation Dept; organising coordination meetings when requested;
- Representing the line manager when required in bilateral meetings with Movement Partners.
- When required drafts reports or notes on key topics or issues identified within the Cooperation Dept; facilitates in that regards reporting on Restoring Family Links when necessary,
- Drafts minutes of relevant meetings, Contributes actively to the planning and budgeting process under the guidance of the line manager.
- Contributes to maintaining a constant overview of the Movement’s activities, capacity and affairs; contributes to organizing various Movement meetings; supports the Movement Cooperation Delegate/Coordinator on issues related to coordination within the Movement, in particular on capacity-strengthening approaches.
- Verify and check all submissions from the URCS with regards to accuracy and compliance to established or agreed practices and standards; in particular in reference to ICRC procurement and financial procedures; in reference with official policies of the URCS and agreed plans of activities/plans of action.
- When relevant, highlights and prepares corrective course of action or corrective measures
- In particular, ensure that submissions from the URCS to Cooperation and other departments are in line with approved plans and budgets, cash requests and quarterly and yearly submission are accurately and timely reconciled; contributes to the accuracy of the procurement and supply chain when and where relevant,
- Liaises with Finance and Admin of the ICRC in that regards when necessary
- Drafts relevant correspondence
- Ensure that the institutional memory of the Delegation at large with regards to Cooperation is well maintained; in particular maintaining the Kampala Delegation Team space and the Red Cross Movement Division URCS file as advised
- Ensure that Reference Files are properly populated.
- When required and with the proper induction or support, support the facilitation of trainings relevant to the Delegation’s plan
- When required and with the proper briefing or support, actively contributes or participates to field missions; assessments etc. including in terms of reporting.
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
• University degree in Political Sciences / Communication / Economics
• At least 3-5 years’ work experience in dealing with multilateral partners.
• Confirmed communication and reporting skills.
• Confirmed planning, organisational and analytical skills.
• Confirmed computer skills especially Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Personal integrity, honesty, discretion and reliability.
• Excellent report-drafting skills, with consistent attention to detail.
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to train, coach and motivate others.
• Strong sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative and to work independently.
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O.Box 12405 Kampala Email: firstname.lastname@example.org While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.