- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
COMMUNICATION OFFICER (2) -. ICRC DELEGATION UGANDA
ICRC DELEGATION UGANDA
NGO / Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 24/03/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 2
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: MS Office,MS Powerpoint
LINE MANAGER: COMM/PREVENTION MANAGER 1
The Communication Officer 2 contributes to the design, planning and implementation of Communication projects and activities in coordination with the management of the field structure and /or country communication and prevention manager. S/he contributes to representing the ICRC externally and to build the necessary understanding, acceptance and support of the ICRC among key stakeholders.
Generic Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Contributes to define communication and possibly prevention objectives, strategies and plans of action for the area or programme covered in line with the priorities of the field structure and/or the delegation's communication and/or prevention strategy.
• With minimum supervision, implements relevant activities and develop tools for operational communication; community engagement; IHL promotion; building NS communication capacity; public communication, digital communication; information analysis/ environment scanning; religious circles; public affairs and resource mobilisation.
• Supports the head of the field structure and/or the country communication and prevention manager in networking with relevant stakeholders and represents ICRC with various audiences.
• Follows political, security, military and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues related to the ICRC's reputation/perception and capacity to operate in the geographic area covered, contributing to analysis.
• Interprets and translates from and into local language in support of Communication programs when required.
• Provides technical and administrative support to the communication team (e.g. archiving, stock management, event organisation) when required.
•Supports communication-related training and coaching for staff of field structures and/or other departments when needed.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
- Promote International Humanitarian Law (IHL) and relevant Human Rights (HR) Law (20%)
In collaboration with the COM/PREV Manager he/she:
- Liaise with relevant authorities for the promotion of IHL at the national level.
- Support coordination with law schools to strengthen IHL teaching
- Support in the organization of dissemination sessions, round tables, conferences and other forums on IHL and HR.
- Environment scanning and media networking (30%)
- Monitor the media – print, electronic and social media, and other sources to analyse and advise management on relevant trends and developments, both local and regional, that may have an impact on the humanitarian situation.
- Network with media
- Identify, develop and maintain contacts with local, regional and international media who can play a role in the promotion of the basic principles of humanity, IHL and relevant Human Rights Law.
- Contribute to the delegation’s public communication, such as news releases, features, stories from the field, social media visibility etc.
- Produce and manage Red Cross communication materials (30%)
- Produce Red Cross communication materials – digital, electronic and print.
- Manage the ICRC publications and other communication tools.
- Work with Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) on the programmes supported by the ICRC (20%)
- Contribute to the planning, implementation, and monitoring of the Communication - Dissemination activities of the URCS.
- Ensure implementation of activities and comply with the ICRC’s standard procedures.
- Minimum required knowledge and experience:
- Degree in Communication, Journalism or other relevant subject. Any academic specialisation or experience in International Humanitarian Law or Human Right Law or minimum 6 months on-the-job exposure to this body of law is an asset.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years work experience in Public relations, Journalism, Communication or as an Officer in an International Organisation dealing with similar tasks as outlined above.
- Confirmed computer skills, especially in word processors, spreadsheets and Power point.
- Fluent communication skills and command of spoken and written English. Knowledge in Swahili and any other international language will be an added value.
- Excellent planning, organizational, reporting and analytical skills
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative and to work independently
- Ability to represent the Institution with external stakeholders (Local /Regional authorities; Religious leaders and Humanitarian actors etc.)
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O.Box 12405 Kampala Email: email@example.com While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.