Clinical officer-. People Performance Group
People Performance Group
Medical / Health
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 20/01/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 3
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
Our client is looking for a clinical officer who is trained in the medical model to practice the full scope of medicine and provides routine care in general.
- Take a patient’s medical history
- Update charts and patient information to show current findings and treatments
- Order tests for clients to undertake
- Review test results to identify any abnormal findings
- . Recommend and design a plan of treatment in line with the client health products
- Address concerns or answer questions that patients have about their health and well-being
- . Help patients take care of their health by discussing topics such as proper nutrition and hygiene
Key Knowledge Areas
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities. This includes symptoms, treatment alternatives, drug properties and interactions, and preventive health-care measures.
- Customer and Personal Service — Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer and personal services. This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction.
- Reading Comprehension — Understanding written sentences and paragraphs in work related documents.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
- Critical Thinking — Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making — Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
- Monitoring — Monitoring/Assessing performance of yourself, other individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Speaking — Talking to clients and other staff to convey information effectively.
- Active Listening — Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking
time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.