Regional Coordinator (Moyo -Adjumani)-. DANIDA
Business / Strategic management
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 14/01/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 5
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
The Northern Uganda Resilience Initiative (NURI) is one of three engagements under the Uganda Programme on Sustainable and Inclusive Development of the Economy (UPSIDE), which is a thematic programme of the Danish Country Programme for Uganda 2018-2022, for which a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Government of Denmark and the Government of Uganda.
NURI will pursue enhanced resilience and equitable economic development in Northern Uganda, including for refugees and host communities, by supporting Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA), Rural Infrastructure (RI), and Water Resources Management (WRM). NURI will be implemented over 4 years from 2019 to 2022.
Geographically NURI covers 9 districts, namely; Arua, Pakwach, Nebbi, Zombo, Moyo and Adjumani in West Nile sub region - and Agago, Kitgum and Lamwo in the Acholi Sub Regions of Northern Uganda. Besides targeting nationals, NURI works with refugee settlements within selected districts. Selected settlements include Rhino Camp Refugee settlement in Arua District, Palorinya Refugee Settlement in Moyo District, 3 selected refugee settlements in Adjumani District and Palabek Ogili Refugee Settlement in Lamwo District. NURI activities are implemented by various local partners, e.g. District Farmers Associations (DFAs), and Resilient Agricultural Units (RAUs). Other interventions will be outsourced to private companies/partners.
The Regional Coordinator reports to the Programme Management Adviser, who heads the NURI Coordination Function.
The Regional Coordinator for Moyo and Adjumani will be based in Moyo.
Purpose of the position
To provide technical leadership and managerial oversight for the NURI programme in the region. Further the Regional Coordinator will ensure timely implementation and reporting of NURI programme activities in the region. The regional coordinator will provide ongoing program technical support, supervision, guidance, capacity building and motivation to ensure effective performance and retention of NURI programme staff.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Oversee the implementation of NURI
• Work closely with the District Local Governments about implementation of NURI
• Participate in District Technical Planning Committee Meetings when relevant
• Advise the implementing partners on programme implementation
• Review work plans and progress reports from the implementing partners
• Hold coordination meetings with the implementing partners
• Participate in development and maintenance of implementation guidelines for agricultural training, animal traction and collective marketing.
• Participate in development of agricultural training materials
• Organise training courses for extension staff
• Supervise the implementation of the agricultural activities
• Provide technical backstopping for implementation of agricultural activities
• Monitor developments in region and update the Programme Management Advisor about new developments.
• Promote NURI in the region and be a good role model for the programme
• Supervise and plan the work for the Regional driver.
• Master’s or bachelor’s degree in agriculture
• 5 years’ experience in project implementation and agricultural extension worth
• Experience in developing training materials
Technical Skills & Abilities:
• Well-developed and effective communication skills – both verbal and written
• Presentation skills
• Ability to work independently, often under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Fully conversant with MS Office applications
• A valid driving license
How to Apply
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or email below: Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: People Performance Group, Plot 8 Kitante Close, P.O. Box 12405 Kampala. Emails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.