- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Director- Research and Knowledge Management- Baylor College
• Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda
R D / Science
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 07/10/2022
Minimum qualification: Masters degree
Minimum years of experience: 8
Reports to Executive Director
Duty station: Kamplala with frequent field travels
Main Purpose of Job
To lead the development of research areas, provide strategic direction, oversight of research projects and collaborations and build processes and institutionalize a culture of research, innovation, and knowledge management at Baylor Uganda. The role will also ensure long-term utilization of Baylor Uganda’s knowledge products at all appropriate levels
Key Result areas
- Develop and implement a research strategy aligned with Organizational strategic plan
- Oversee all aspects of the research and evaluation studies, from idea conception, protocol development, implementation, data analysis, report writing, and dissemination at sub national, national and international level
- Ensure the highest quality scientific, ethical and regulatory standards for all research activities.
- Assist and advise on the preparation and management of budgets for studies and research projects.
- Lead and/or participate in initiatives to improve overall organizational effectiveness in research conduct, including working with quality and compliance teams.
- Create and manage a central repository for technical, operational and programmatic tools, systems, policies, and other relevant documents.
- Provide input and ongoing support to Baylor Uganda programmes through provision of knowledge products; systematic identification, documentation and dissemination of best practices; organization wide systemic learning and building overall capacity of the organization in research, innovation and knowledge management
- Lead capacity building of Baylor-Uganda staff, fellows, students and partners in the conduct of research through research trainings, mentoring, and sharing/review of relevant scientific literature.
- Build capacity of Baylor-Uganda staff and partners in research grant proposal writing.
Networking and Advocacy
- Support the Executive Director to identify and develop new local and international research networks, as well as strengthen current partnerships.
- Manage high-profile engagements on health priorities aligned with Baylor Uganda’s key thematic (HIV/TB, Global Health Security and MNCH) areas of focus at national/international, including influencing agendas to raise awareness.
- Coach, train, supervise and mentor direct-report staff, including communicating clear expectations, setting quarterly performance objectives, providing regular and timely positive and constructive performance feedback, and providing documented semi-annual and annual performance reviews.
- Provide measurable development plan including on-the-job learning with the aim of strengthening technical capacity, exchanging knowledge within the team and providing guidance on career paths and as part of succession planning identify, train and develop capability and capacity of high potential staff to take on critical roles.
Promote and monitor staff care, well-being and self-care; plan, approve and manage all time, attendance and leave requests to ensure adequate departmental coverage.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- High performing teams built
- Consistent adherence to organizational policies and standards
- A research strategy developed and approved
- High quality and high impact research studies conducted.
- Knowledge products generated and mainstreamed into core Baylor activities and processes including program management and new business development.
- Strong culture of research, innovation and knowledge management developed.
Baylor Uganda profile as a premier research institution in the thematic areas of Global Health Security, HIV and TB programmes, MNCH and Health and Community systems strengthening enhanced
Knowledge, skills and experience required.
- Minimum of Master’s degree level qualification in Public health, clinical epidemiology or similar disciplines AND a first degree in Medicine and Surgery or Doctorate/equivalent in epidemiology, health disciplines or social sciences
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience with progressive responsibility in health research, knowledge creation and management
- Track record of high-quality research involving multiple research methods, tools and techniques, qualitative and quantitative techniques. Track record of patents, publications in high impact peer reviewed publications. Experience serving in technical or standards committees desirable.
- Experience in writing research proposals, collaborative and academic research to influence policy makers and high-level leadership
- Strong analytical, written, editing and verbal skills for communicating with broad and diverse stakeholders including ability to present complex ideas in simple ways
- Experience in developing and implementing organizational knowledge management systems and processes
Ability to exploit benefits of the research outcomes.
How to Apply