- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Head Finance and Administration Manager- FOL
Fields of Life (FOL)
Accounting / Finance / Insurance
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 21/09/2022
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 6
Fields of Life (FOL) was established in 1993. Since then it has developed substantially in both size and vision. FOL is committed to sharing the Christian faith by collaborating with local communities and churches in East Africa to bring about positive change through the provision of quality education, clean water, health promotion and other community based projects.
FOL would like to identify a capable and experienced Head Finance and Administration Manager who is highly motivated and dynamic with passion, vision and initiative, good interpersonal skills and high standards.
The applicant will be a proven leader with a strong track record of leading and supervising high performing teams. This is an exciting opportunity to strategically develop the work of Fields of Life internationally alongside our CEO
- Put in place adequate financial management procedures and systems and ensure FOL and the donor accounting practices, compliance and standards are adhered to
- Support the Executive Director with the implementation of financial policies and control procedures
- Supervise and monitor the liquidity position and treasury function of the organization to ensure that the organization can meet its financial obligations as they fall due.
- Supervise, support and maintain a competent finance team as well as training of non-finance team in line with the financial management policies
- Respond timely and consistently to audit queries and implement audit recommendations from the external auditors
- Oversee the review and preparation of budgets and cash flows that comply with the grant agreements and are realistic to the financial needs of the organization
- Improve and maintain financial and management gathering of information systems that will enable accurate and timely reporting
- Monitor and maintain the general internal control environment by ensuring proper utilization of resources
- Supervise, manage and support the finance, grants and logistics staff
- Oversee the financial and business training in partner schools
- Coordinate monthly, quarterly and bi-annual financial reports
- Ensure compliance with the relevant donor requirements
- Ensure the expenditure is properly documented, is reasonable, is budgeted for and conforms to the donor principles and guidelines
- Ensure the best use of resources by managing the budget and monitoring project expenses
- Contributing to resource mobilization by inputting into the financial proposals
Logistics and Procurement
- Review procurement and disposal policies and procedure for recommendation to management
- Assist in building capacity of logistics and procurement staff on policies and procedures
- Assist all staff in understanding procurement procedures and formats / templates
- Oversee the development of vendor lists
- Ensure that all procurement is carried out in line with the FOL procurement procedures
- Ensure logistics team are keeping proper records
- Oversee the proper usage of car movement tracking log and accompanying procedures for vehicle requests
- Oversee the tracking and recording of all FOL assets and inventory.
- Oversee the functionality of IT systems e.g. Internet, software, hardware
- Custodian of IT policy
- Supervise the IT Officer
Human Resource Management /Administration
- Liaise with the HR consultancy firm, on the HR issues that they would be handling to feed back to management
- Coordinate the implementation of the HR policies, including appraisals, contract renewals, separation and updates on employment policies
- Oversee the payroll management
- Oversee the Administration function including Security of staff and organizations’ property
- Oversee the operations of the Guest house
- Supervise the Guest House ManagerADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Gender: Mainstream gender in work plans and activities and promote a gender sensitive environment in your work.
- Risk Management: identify possible risks to FOL’s operations and report in a timely manner.
- Outreach: Support FOL staff, partners and supported communities including children to get deeper understanding and appreciation of the role of faith in development
- Child protection: Adhere to FOL’s child protection policy and code of conduct; prevent, identify, report and respond to child protection issues and incorporate CP in WASH activities.
- Experience and Key Competences
- 6 years’ practical experience in senior financial management position preferably in an international NGO.
- A proven experience in managing large budget.
- A strong experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities
- Updated Financial and Management information systems
- A functional and updated internal control system
- Budget planning & monitoring tools and compliance to grants agreements
- Compliance to HR, procurement and financial management policies
- Capacity building plan for finance & non – finance staff and partner schools
- Timely reporting
- Education Required
- CPA or ACCA qualified
- Master’s degree in a related field e.g. MBA, Finance Accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field e.g. Commerce. Accounting and Finance, Business Administration
- Fluency in spoken/written English.
- High level of applying expertise and technology, with
- Capacity to analyze data and information
- Ability to lead and supervise
- Ability to adhere to principles and Values.
How to Apply
Please send a cover letter and your CV with details of 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Application should be marked “FOL Head Finance and Administration” Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Email: email@example.com