- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Procurement Engineer -Huawei
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 22/09/2022
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 5
The main purpose is purchase goods and services, obtains quality products for competitive prices in a timely manner and ensure that the company sticks to budgets and operates profitability
- Project procurement: Get involved in project bidding at an early stage, take the lead in developing project procurement strategies, and execute the procurement strategies in the fulfillment phase to meet project subcontracting resource and cost requirements.
- Supplier selection: Take the lead in developing procurement strategies, implementing bidding and negotiation, and achieving the optimal combination of resources and costs in supplier selection results to support project success.
- Management of procurement cost baselines and reasonableness: Maintain and continuously optimize procurement cost baselines of related categories, verify cost reasonableness on site, and build competitive advantages in TCO procurement cost
- Liaises with various departments to determine their products and service needs
- Monitors business trends and product availability to pay the best price for company goods and services without compromising quality or delivery times.
- Generate and implement procurement strategies for required goods and services in line with the various departmental needs to maintain security of supply and optimum value for money.
- Nurtures relationships with suppliers to negotiate the best prices for the company
- Identifies and researches potential new suppliers
- Manage overall direction, coordination and evaluation of procurement for the facility
- Researches new products and services to meet company goals
- Set policy and guidelines for delivering commercial and cost effective procuring process for business
- Provide quarterly reports for management on purchasing, controls and processes performance against the company strategy.
- Develops and implements strategies for procuring, storing and distribution of goods or services and maintaining stock levels
- Negotiate contracts with suppliers to obtain best price and service
- Conduct business review meetings with key stakeholders to assess risk, review future strategies, and identify potential cost down and improvement opportunities.
Perform any other duties as assigned by the procurement manager.
Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and logistics, supply chain management, Business Administration, or related field. A master’s degree is preferred. Certifications in CIPS is an added advantage
Work experience and Required Competences
Minimum of 5 years of work experience in a busy environment and managing contracts and sub contracts
- In-depth knowledge of global supply chain management including procurement, tendering, contracting, clearance, transport, warehousing, distribution, fleet management and asset management
- Strong interpersonal, influencing and negotiation skills.
- Supervisory prowess and ability to work with a team, Excellent negotiation skills
- Rich team management experience, cross-department coordination capability for key projects, experience in handling complex procurement businesses, and capability of developing negotiation strategies for key projects.
- E2E procurement process experience and process enablement capabilities.
- Ability to optimize procurement processes and administrative business models.