- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Communications Assistant, - Street Business School
Street Business School
NGO / Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 12/10/2022
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 0
Required languages: English
Who We Are
Street Business School (SBS) shares a livelihood training curriculum designed specifically for people living in poverty, empowering them to become self-sustaining entrepreneurs and rise from poverty through business creation. We partner with other organizations to scale our impact and reach more women with our award-winning, one-of-a-kind entrepreneurial training.
Who You Are
Are you a budding communications professional with stellar project management skills? Are you interested in learning the ins and outs of communications in a global nonprofit? Are you a natural born writer and storyteller? Do you know how to dissect projects and manage timelines to bring campaigns to fruition on time, within budget, and by rolling up your sleeves? As our Communications Assistant, you will put your creative and organizational skills to good use by managing world-changing projects, gathering content and stories, and contributing to the success of our global organization.
Reporting to the Communications Manager in Uganda, the Communications Assistant will be the on-the-ground communications support person, collecting stories and project deliverables as defined by the Communications Team, including colleagues in Uganda and the US. This is a full-time role, focusing on the following areas: story identification/research, interviews, story writing and development, event support, photography, videography, editing and more.
- In partnership with the UG Communications Manager, identify stories of members and graduates that will resonate with our key audiences and supporters
- Interview individuals to uncover their stories and successes with our programs, discovering those “sweet spots” that may appeal to the reader
- Write and edit stories that uphold the voice of the organization and have a natural story arch
- Capture compelling communications visuals, including photos and videography
- Upload creative assets to organized department folders in Asana or SharePoint
- Support the UG & US Communications Managers to meet communications calendar deadlines
- In partnership with the Ugandan Programs teams, support production and planning for events
- Participate in meetings with Uganda and US Communications teams
- Work with other professional talents who are documenting Street Business School’s work i.e.: photographers or videographers as will be advised by the Communications Manager.
- Draft social media posts and campaigns
- Participate in the overall staff activities of SBS including meetings, special projects, and celebrations
- Participate in business and home visits to members both in locations where SBS operates in Uganda
A Bachelor's degree in Communications, Journalism, Public Relations or related field, or equivalent relevant experience.
Minimum one year communication experience with an NGO.
Personal Attributes/Additional skills
- Fluent in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Experience in digital marketing and social media.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively.
- Good understanding of local culture, fluent in Luganda or any other local language.
- Experience working in women’s groups, NGOs or M&E will be highly considered.
- Honest, trustworthy, and dependable individual with a commitment to teamwork.
Please submit your CV and a short cover letter to Catherine@streetbusinessschool.org by October 15, 2022. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.
How to Apply