- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Partnership Officer - Street Business School
Street Business School
NGO / Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 20/09/2022
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 2
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
What we do:
Think about the first time someone recognized in you a spark, a talent you hadn’t yet seen in yourself.
Remember the way your heart soared when you felt the power of what you could do and be. At Street Business School (SBS) we are honored to help women living in poverty experience that feeling by turning their spark into a fire of purpose through our entrepreneurial training program. We provide entrepreneurial training programs for women living in extreme poverty through our Street Business School, which is currently expanding globally with a goal of reaching a million women by 2027.
We are proud of our successes! With our help:
- SBS graduates go from living on $1.35 a day, on average, to $4.19 a day two years later
- 89% of women who start business during Street Business School are still successfully running that business two years after they graduate
Why you’ll feel good about working for Street Business School
- You’ll be challenged, you’ll be inspired, and you’ll be proud to see your spark igniting change around the world
- By supporting the global expansion of our Street Business School, your work will directly empower one million women to lift their families out of poverty
- You’ll be surrounded and inspired by other employees with passion, commitment, and drive. We love to help people reach their full potential
- We support women to solve their own problems creating dignity, ownership and self-sufficiency
- Increasing women’s income not only reduces poverty it also spurs investment in children, creates greater self-esteem, increases bargaining power, and reduces domestic violence
About our Partnership Officer Role
The Partnership Officer is a new role to support Street Business School’s fundraising efforts. The Partnership Officer provides support in database management, donor relations, and communications and works as part of the US-based Philanthropy team. S/he will be knowledgeable about databases and computer systems, comfortable working across time zones and cultures, and sincere and inspiring in their communications about the work of Street Business School.
Here's what the job looks like:
Database management and administrative support
- Monitor recording of donations and contributions to Street Business School in coordination with the Finance team
- Ensure that all financial and in-kind contributions are recorded and properly coded in donor database
- Support the Philanthropy team by maintaining contacts, contact information, and other data in donor database as well as on any other relevant platforms for donors, volunteers, prospects, board members, etc.
- Develop database skills and maintain proficiency through appropriate training
- Ensure that all data conforms with existing formats and styles
- Use donor database software to prepare mailing lists, as well as donor and gift reports
Donor relations and communications
Coordinate site visits for donors at Street Business School offices in Uganda Generate and send timely acknowledgement communications to donors Ensure donors receive proper recognition for their support Track pledges from donors and ensure timely reminders for pledge payments Track and ensure proper record keeping, acknowledgement, and notification of tribute (in honor of/in memorial of) gifts Track progress towards challenge grants or other special campaigns Provide support to Marketing and Communications team as requested in Uganda to capture important information on program activities (beneficiary interviews, milestones, graduations, etc.) Provide Philanthropy content for communications pieces as request, including direct mail campaigns, social media, the blog, general e-newsletters, annual report, and other print materials Other duties as assigned
What you’ll need to do this job:
An interest in learning more about the Philanthropy function A basic understanding of database management and computer systems, including proficiency with MS Office and cloud-based systems. Experience with Asana or another project management database is a plus Excellent written and verbal communication skills Ability to maintain confidential information Excellent organizational, time-management, follow-up, and administrative skills with attention to detail Strong judgment and ethics Self-starter with the ability to work independently and as a part of a team to follow through on responsibilities in a fast-paced deadline-driven environment Passion for building community and connecting people A great sense of humor and a desire to have fun
This position will work three days per week in the SBS office in Kampala, Uganda during normal business hours, and two days per week from home with a typical daily schedule of 11a – 7p to allow for virtual meetings with SBS staff in the USA and international donor communications.
Please send an email with a cover letter letting us know how working for us would be a dream come true for you. Please also send your CV to Jobs@StreetBusinessSchool.org with “Partnership Officer” in the subject line. While we love, love, love initiative on the job, no phone calls please. Qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
How to Apply
Please send an email with a cover letter letting us know how working for us would be a dream come true for you. Please also send your CV to Jobs@StreetBusinessSchool.org with “Partnership Officer” in the subject line. While we love, love, love initiative on the job, no phone calls please.