- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT - Steadfin
SteadFin Uganda SACCO Ltd
Accounting / Finance / Insurance
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 30/05/2022
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 0
SteadFin Uganda SACCO Ltd is a registered Savings and Credit Co-operative Organisation (STEADFIN) with over 700 active members who are largely staff, retirees, and affiliates of the U.S. Mission agencies in Uganda, their spouses, staff of SteadFin SACCO and associate members who are children of members. The SACCO’s prime objective is to mobilize and invest members’ savings through the provision of different loan and investment products to its members, and the investment of members’ savings in SACCO profitable business ventures.
STEADFIN hereby invites applications from suitably qualified candidate(s) to the vacant position below:
Job Title: FINANCIAL ACCOUNTANT (1 POST)
Reporting to: Head of Finance and Investments
Job summary: To prepare financial and management accounts and reports in line with the IFRS.
- Update and reconcile SACCO business transactions and accounting records in a timely manner
- Prepare, examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements, and other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
- Compute taxes and prepare tax returns, ensuring compliance with payment, reporting and other tax requirements.
- Prepare annual SACCO budgets, allocate and monitor utilization in line with the finance manual.
- Analyze business operations, trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations, to project future revenues and expenses or to provide advice.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial management reports
- Maintains adequate liquidity reserve in accordance with rules and regulations.
- Contribute to the business growth of SACCO investment initiatives aimed at revenue growth.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Head of Finance and Investments and or Chief Executive Officer.
EDUCATION AND KNOWLEDGE
- Degree in Business Administration, Bachelor of Commerce and
- A Master’s Degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting will be an added advantage.
- Professional Accounting qualification such as CPA or ACCA.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The applicant should have a minimum of two years’ experience in the related field of work preferably in a financial institution.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of automated accounting systems and strong spreadsheet manipulation skills
- Ability to pay attention to detail
- A meticulous and methodical talent with ability to develop and improve report formats in line with business and client or member needs.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Proven ability to work with limited supervision and under tight deadlines with a high degree of individual responsibility.
- Act with personal and professional integrity with possession of self-management skills
- Demonstrable passion and a strong commitment to STEADFIN’s Mission, Values, and Vision
- Age bracket: Not more than 45 years.
Duty station: Positions will be based in Kampala with frequent business travels within the country.
How to Apply: Interested and suitably qualified candidates should apply by submitting the application letter, CV and copies of academic documents with 3 referees to …………………… by no later than 5:00 p.m. on June 6, 2022.