- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Solar Business Development Manager- Nexus Green
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 22/09/2021
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 5
Required IT skills: ,AutoCAD
Overall Position Description:
The Solar Business Development Manager will scope, design and develop solar projects/ systems for Nexus Green clients. The Solar Business Development Manager Should have energy industry experience, knowledge of the different solar energy types. He/ She should have the ability to self-start and show initiative in a fast-paced work environment.
The Manager should be able to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, and be able to effectively collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, including project sponsors, landowners, utility officials, customers and other strategic partners.
Responsibilities extend across all phases of Company Business Development including customer relationship management, market-specific strategy and analysis, direct marketing, business development campaign plan creation and execution, and proposal development and management.
The Solar Business Development Manager will have a proficiency in modelling complex data sets and an understanding of the ever-changing renewable energy environment. The Solar Business Development Manager will be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communication skills, both oral and written.
- Directly originate project sales in designated region(s) and countries, including responding to RFP’s, Project costing, executing business development campaigns in targeted market segments, implementing contact plans with customers, developing and drafting project proposals, interfacing with multiple stakeholders to analyse available data and to structure and propose solar solutions.
- Develop feasibility studies and provide detailed engineering designs for stand-alone, grid-tied, hybrid, solar and other types of renewable energy systems for commercial entities and individual homes and related dwellings.
- Analyse renewable energy projects’ viability from technical, commercial, permitting and other related legal aspects of solar power projects from inception to financing.
- Assess the energy demands, consumption patterns, and other customer requirements, before conducting technical studies, designing of solar power systems according to those energy needs.
- Carry out project permitting for feasible projects to ensure fulfilment of legal and statutory requirements before project procurement and construction.
- Perform financial and economic analysis of proposed solar and other renewable energy projects.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of, and become expert in, target regions and markets, including regulatory incentives, and co-development opportunities; Identify and implement marketing initiatives and personal/professional outreach in the solar markets and storage markets, including developing origination materials, presenting to industry and customer constituencies, and identifying key marketing strategies and competitive differentiators.
- Initiate and implement origination plans, including establishing Channel Partners, in one or more designated region(s) and market(s), identify, filter, engage, and cultivate customer contacts in support of origination strategy and sales campaigns.
- Track, update, coordinate, and originate opportunities directly and with team. Collaborate with other Company team members to provide a coordinated customer approach and outreach effort.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or Renewable Energy. A Masters in Renewable Energy is an added advantage
- 5+ years of experience in renewable energy business development or comparable business development or sales experience
- Prior renewable energy industry experience, particularly solar preferred
- Strategic relationship builder with both internal/external project stakeholders demonstrating personal integrity with a win/win mindset
- Experience in opportunity identification; demonstrated success in prospecting, identifying, and qualifying new business opportunities.
- Successful at building and implementing customer acquisition plans.
- Experience in building relationships; ability to develop customer relationships through existing contacts and relationships; build relationships quickly.
- Experience in managing multiple sales and business development tasks and methods.
- Proven track record of effective communications with project stakeholders, including energy customers, landowners, government officials, utility
representatives, and community members
- Basic legal knowledge, including, PPDAs, and land option agreements
- Technical understanding of renewable technologies
- Time management skills with the ability to manage multiple and fast changing priorities
- Analytical skills required to understand the economic, technological and permitting issues of a project including the ability to evaluate site plans,land
Traveling to customer locations and sites including walking project sites with varying terrain and weather conditions.
Working Conditions:Time will be split between an office environment and traveling to locations meeting with landowners, customers and other external stakeholders. Proficiency with multiple software tools including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel, Adobe. Experience with CAD and GIS is a plus