- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
LINK EDUCATION INTERNATIONAL- UGANDA
Accounting / Finance / Insurance
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 28/03/2021
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 3
Required IT skills: MS Excel,MS Powerpoint,QuickBooks
ABOUT LINK EDUCATION
Link Education is a family of not for profit organizations working together to transform education for children and communities across impoverished rural areas of Ethiopia, Malawi, Rwanda and Uganda. Since our foundation in 1995 we have worked in 3,000 schools and improved the lives of over two million children through unique and effective school improvement models. We guide governments and educators to adopt low-cost solutions to improve learning and support for children, with a focus on literacy, numeracy and inclusion for the most marginalized children.
Through a partnership delivery model which embeds piloting and learning within local systems, we influence changes to policy, practice and accountability on a national scale, and our interventions are regularly adapted and replicated by governments and NGOs in new countries and contexts.
Link Education believes that a child, vulnerable adult or person at risk should never experience abuse of any kind. We have a responsibility to work in a way that promotes the welfare of all and protects them from harm. We have a zero tolerance approach to any harm to or exploitation of a child or vulnerable adult by any of our staff, representatives or partners.
Link Education International (Link), based in Edinburgh, Scotland supports all project, M&E, fundraising, finance and governance activities in our five sub-Saharan partner countries.
FAM is directly responsible for the implementation and overall management of financial systems, logistics systems, procurement and controls of the office including cash/bank management, HR management, budget administration, staff and partners’ capacity building and all other Human resource related matters as well as the financial management and financial reporting in line with the Link Uganda financial policy and guidelines.
The FAM is expected to generate all required financial and administrative reports in an accurate and timely manner for approval by the Programme Director. S/he also supervises and manages the finance and admin department in support of achievement of Link Uganda’s goals.
S/he is responsible for identifying, mitigating and managing risk, enhance cross functional collaboration, whilst ensuring adequate (control) systems are in place to enable and facilitate quality and compliant programming in all contexts and Link Uganda Financial standards.
The Finance and Administration Manager (FAM) is a member of the Link Uganda Senior Management Team. As a key member of the Senior Management Team, s/he takes shared responsibility for driving Link’s vision, mission and values. He/ she will also oversee and support Field Offices in the effective delivery of district office Finance and Administration including HR, Risks, Security and Safety management
INDICATIVE AREAS OF KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure financial compliance of organizational policies and local regulatory frameworks
- Support the budgeting process, orienting staff on budget instructions and templates and consolidating submitted financial plans for review by management.
- Support the preparation of proposal budgets
- Track the budget, ensuring variances are kept to an acceptable minimal
- Monitor and control the country cash flow requirements and cash security to ensure the smooth implementation of the country operations.
- At least on a monthly basis, provide management with timely financial status reports, including variance analysis, raising a flag where significant variances are anticipated or observed and provide recommendations thereafter.
- Submit timely and accurate monthly financial reports
- Support staff to effectively manage their budgets through training sessions
- Prepare timely donor financial reports, where necessary
- Manage cash request process
- Provide technical support and coaching to finance staff
- Maintain good banking relations.
- Oversee proper management of bank accounts, ensuring resources are available at all times for country program activities
- Ensure financial records are kept up to date and are accurately captured and coded
- Undertake regular audits and spot checks
- Manage debtors and creditors
- Ensure bank reconciliations are prepared on time
- Ensure cheque books and receipts are properly accounted for and kept in safe and secure custody
- Review payroll and ensure salaries are paid on time and in accordance with regulations and policy
- Ensure stock reports and records are accurate and consistent with accounting records.
- Enforce the existing data back-up process and procedure for all financial information
- Reconcile the manual fixed asset register with accounting system on a timely basis
- Manage field financial operations, ensuring complete compliance
- Manage landlord relationships, registration and workspace planning
- Coordinate the timely replenishment of consumables and utility payments in all offices
- Maintain contracts of recurrent utility providers
- Oversee proper care and maintenance of Link Uganda movable assets in all offices
- Supervise accommodation and transport arrangements for Link Uganda internal and external visitors
- Ensure proper management of employment contracts; this includes renewal and/or termination of employment contracts
Team Management and Development
- Develop a culture of accountability amongst staff
- Report incidents in a timely manner and in line with Link Uganda Finance policy
- Active member of the Link Uganda Senior Management Team
- Develop a high performing and accountable team through couching, mentorship and performance management
- In consultation with the Programme Director, represent Link Uganda in relevant technical forums in-country/or outside.
- Hold regular meetings with direct report (Head Office and Field based)
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
An undergraduate degree in Commerce/Accounts, Economics or Business Administration.
At least 3 years’ experience working in a Finance related role in the public/private sector , preferably in an NGO setting
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Advanced skills in MS PowerPoint, Excel and Word
- Excellent skills in commonly used accounting packages preferably Quickbooks
- Financial data analysis skills
- Initiative and enthusiasm
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- High level of professional and ethical conduct
How to Apply
To apply, please complete the form at: https://linkeducation.org.uk/work-with-us/ Please send complete Application Form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form to email@example.com