- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Employment Opportunity: Human Resource &Administration Manager
uganda - Masaka, Kampala full-time Closing date - 30/03/2021
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 5
Required languages: English
AFRIpads is a pioneer and leader in the menstrual health movement in Africa. We are the world’s leading manufacturer and supplier of reusable sanitary pads, with over 4 million products distributed worldwide and over 10 years of experience in the menstrual health sector. The company has its head office in Kampala, Uganda and a branch in Nairobi, Kenya. To learn more about our integrated menstrual health and hygiene (MHH) solutions and how we drive sustainable change through our MHH products, education and evidence-based approach, please visit: www.afripads.com.
AFRIpads seeks an experienced Human Resource & Administration Manager (HRM) to join our Management Team and lead all HR functions across the company. We seek someone who is passionate about HR, people, processes, and culture. The ideal candidate is a qualified HR professional with minimum five years of experience in HR management of a team of at least 100 employees, with preference for manufacturing sector experience.
The HRM at AFRIpads will be responsible for over 130 employees working across 4 locations in 3 countries, and reports directly to Senior Management – the Director in Kampala and the Head of Production in Masaka. The HRM will be responsible for developing and implementing all aspects of human resource policies across the company, including personnel administration, employee contract management, performance appraisal and benefit programs, training and development, recruitment and change management, safety and compliance, HR systems and processes, and organizational culture.
We offer a 2-year contract with the potential for performance-based extension or transition to an open employment contract. This position requires working on average 3-4 days/week at our manufacturing facility in Masaka and 1-2 days/week at our Kampala office. Flexibility is required, as the exact split in work station will be determined by the company’s needs and priorities.
Contract and Personnel Management
- Effectively manage and oversee all aspects of employee contract management – including offer letters, employment contracts, contract addendums, and termination letters
- Maintain complete and up to date personnel files and administration for all employees (current and archive) and track all relevant contract information, including leave tracking and planning
- Ensure staff understand their compensation and benefits packages, that staff are motivated and fairly compensated, and employee retention is high
- Guide and support managers and teams with all aspects of internal employee change management
- Serve as the lead and primary contact for all aspects of HR across the company
HR Systems and Information Management
- Develop and ensure company HR and administrative policies, processes and practices that are comprehensive, compliant with all requirements, officially documented; and disseminated to, understood and followed by all employees.
- Lead the development and utilization of efficient HR information management systems
- Track and review new developments in HR, policies, and changes in the labour market
Employee Performance Appraisal and Management
- Ensure the company’s performance appraisal system and other tools/processes for performance management are effective and are conducted at the appropriate frequency and on time. Document appraisal results to track progress and performance, and to ensure quality and consistency of appraisals across the company
- Support managers to develop and implement employee performance improvement plans as required, and ensuring all documentation and processes are followed
- In coordination with line managers, identify high potential employees and opportunities for advancement within the company and lead appropriate career planning
- Document, report, track and monitor all aspects of employee misconduct and oversee any necessary disciplinary actions or performance management. Provide guidance to managers on employee grievance and disciplinary requirements.
Employee Training and Development
- Lead all aspects of employee training and development, promoting and facilitating a learning culture and continuous growth of team members
- Develop annual employee training and development plan in coordination with managers, identify appropriate and cost-effective service providers, and deliver on plan to achieve optimal gains and outcomes in employee performance through both internal and external staff training.
- Develop effective system to track and manage all administrative aspects of employee benefits
- Manage all aspects of the company’s health insurance policies, including service provider identification, contract negotiation, and overall relationship management with the provider, to supporting employees in regards to enrolment, payment, claims, utilization and day to day usage, to monitoring employee usage and satisfaction with the health service providers and policy benefits
Recruitment, On-boarding and Exit Management
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of recruitment for the company – including vacancy notices, circulation and distribution of job adverts, selection and management of recruitment agencies, recruitment resource database, candidate screening, interviews and selection
- Responsible for orientation and on-boarding of all new employees in coordination with hiring managers, to ensure new staff transition smoothly and effectively into their role and the company.
- Lead and coordinate all aspects of employee dismissal, termination and turnover – included but not limited to processing all termination/exit paperwork, exit interviews, terminal benefits, repossession of company equipment and information, removal from company health insurance policy, closing of personnel file, internal and external communication, and any other related requirements
- Ensure that the procedures in place are adhered to and are within the requirements of labour laws
- Manage payroll, ensuring complete, accurate and timely preparation with zero errors
- Lead finance function in Masaka production department, responsible for all accounting
Compliance, Health and Safety
- Ensure all aspects of the company’s HR function and all company policies and practices are in accordance with Labour Law requirements and standards
- Provide guidance to management on labour issues and changes in statutory requirements, and proactively update company systems, policies and processes accordingly
- Actively promote and ensure a work environment that prioritizes employee welfare and safety
- Encourage an open-door policy that enables employees to share their views, concerns and recommendations
- Serve as primary contact for all stakeholder management related to HR, liaising with local authorities and other stakeholders as needed to achieve the company’s objectives and requirements
- Lead community engagement in all priority areas, including Masaka and Kampala
- You are goal and target focused with a competitive nature, and have the ability to work independently with little guidance in a fast paced, dynamic environment.
- Excellent client relationship management, sales and customer service skills, with the ability to negotiate and persuade.
- Ability to quickly internalize information and understand which opportunities make commercial sense to peruse, from an in-depth understanding of the market and our products and services.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including highly proficient in written (email) correspondence and strong presentation skills. Mastery of English with excellent command of the language, both written and oral is a must.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and plan tasks strategically, independently and with keen eye for detail in order to reach the sales targets and company’s objectives.
- Complete proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Salesforce or other sales management software is preferred but not necessary.
- Commitment to the company’s mission and objectives, with a keen sensitivity to empower and enable value-conscious consumers through social enterprise.
- Strong work ethic, and good moral judgment.
Demonstrated ability to interact professionally and with sensitivity amongst culturally diverse staff and customers.
How to Apply
How to apply Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the e-mail below. Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Email: email@example.com Closing date: Wednesday 24th February 2021 While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.