- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
PROGRAMME COORDINATOR- RWANDA
Fields of Life
Project / Program Management
rwanda - Kigali full-time Closing date - 01/02/2021
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 4
Required languages: English,French,Kinyarwanda
Required IT skills: MS Office
Fields of Life (FOL) was established in 1993. Since then it has developed substantially in both size and vision. Fields of Life is committed to sharing the Christian faith by collaborating with local communities and churches in East Africa to bring about positive change through the provision of quality education, clean water, health promotion and other community based projects.
To date, FOL will have constructed over 120 schools in 6 countries throughout East Africa, 4 health centres in Uganda, and will have established over 750 boreholes to provide fresh water as well as health promotional initiatives, educational & teacher training programmes and income generating projects. This work is ongoing and Fields of Life continues to be involved in many exciting and life changing projects right across East Africa.
Everything that we are and everything that we do is formed and shaped by our Christian identity as we seek to demonstrate God’s unconditional love for all. Following the example of Christ, we serve all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender and at all times are sensitive to the diverse cultural contexts in which we have the awesome privilege of working. Fields of Life exists to be an effective Christian response where there is injustice and suffering in East Africa and beyond. We passionately believe that God is at work in the world today and that his working in and through his people, the local church. We believe the local church is the hope of the world and we want to seek out, support and empower local, selfless African leaders who have a heart and concern for the communities whom they serve. We are committed to sharing and communicating the transforming message of Jesus, through our partners, to those afflicted by extreme poverty and to those people who feel they have no voice or a meaningful contribution to make in the world today
The Program Coordinator will manage the implementation and coordination of the field projects and programs in Rwanda with possible extension to Burundi and DRC. S/he will provide leadership, strategic direction, management and evaluation of all aspects of the FOL projects/ programmes in Rwanda. The Programme coordinator also plays a key role in liaison with local authorities and other relevant stakeholders, administrative and security organisations
Governance and Organizational development
- Manage the Fields of Life (FOL) office in Rwanda taking into consideration economy, efficiency, the image of the organisation and the safety of staff and property.
- Register FOL as a Non-Government organization in line with the regulations in Rwanda
- Review the FOL existing policy documents for suitability in Rwanda
- Publicise FOL operations in Rwanda to increase visibility and enhanced partnerships
- Monitor and review the security status of the areas of operation on a regular basis, liaising as applicable with local authorities, other NGOs and other relevant security bodies. Make reports, as appropriate, to the Head of Programmes/Executive Director
- Regularly advise the Head of Programmes of any imminent and foreseeable developments (political, social, competition, policy) in the national and local operating environment and their impact on local programming.
Programme management and resource mobilization:
- Develop the annual operation plan and budgets in line with FOL’s strategic plan
- Compile and submit the annual consolidated procurement plan to the logistics department and update as new projects come on board
- Submit a monthly operational plan by 30th of every month
- In consultation with the senior management team, develop a programme implementation strategy which is appropriate to the countries’ context.
- Monitor budgets vs expenditure in line with donor proposals and regulations and within the appropriate timeframe, making any budget adjustment recommendations
- Work with the MEL manager to carry out needs assessment to inform programming
- Develop and implement a contextualized resource mobilization strategy for Rwanda.
- Design high quality concept notes and proposals for resource mobilisation in education, WASH, Coordinate donors / teams field trips and ensure program details are transmitted in a timely and professional manner.
Partnerships and Networking
- Identify potential partners and advise the Head of Programmes on the type of partnerships to pursue and their long term benefits to FOL East Africa.
- Identify and maintain relations with relevant local and national networks that can advance FOL East Africa’s visibility, positioning and relevance in development work.
- Support FOL to join Network/umbrella bodies in Education, WASH, Outreach, Livelihood and sponsorship and participate in all partnership discussions as they arise.
- Submit a monthly operational report to HoP by 30th of every month
- Submit activity reports for each activity carried out within 7 days of completion
- Collect and submit to school reports on a termly basis
- Produce high quality documentation, including stories of change on different interventions, aiming at programme modelling, replication and scaling up.
- Facilitate organisational learning by developing, collecting and disseminating relevant internal and external programme information
Human Resource Management / Admin
- Supervise, mentor, coach and appraise staff and volunteers in line with FOL HR guidelines
- Develop a network of volunteers to support the implementation of the various programs in Rwanda.
- Child protection: Adhere to FOL’s child protection policy and code of conduct.
- Prevent, identify, report and respond to child protection issues
- Risk management: Responsible for identification and management of risks including maintaining an updated risk register for Rwanda.
- Gender: Mainstream gender in Rwanda plans, proposals and activities and promote a gender sensitive environment across the office.
- Outreach: Support FOL staff, partners and supported communities including children to get deeper understanding and appreciation of the role of faith in development.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject such as Management / Development Studies / Business Administration
- A post graduate qualification in project management or relevant field (Desirable)
- Minimum 4 years’ experience in a management position, preferably in an international humanitarian and development organisation
- Strong working knowledge of English, Kinyarwanda and French (spoken and written)
- Demonstrated ability to oversee programs
- Experience working in Rwanda, Burundi, DRC or Uganda
- Ability to work in Rwanda and freely travel to Burundi and DRC
Interpersonal skills; effective verbal and written communication; focused and self-motivated; high integrity and honesty.
Must be a mature Christian with ability to grow staff in the Christian faith.
How to Apply
HOW TO APPLY Please send a cover letter and your CV with details of 3 work related referees to the e-mail below. In the subject line application should be marked “FOL Program Coordinator Rwanda ” Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date Friday 5th February 2021at 5.00pm While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. Committed Christians are encouraged to apply