- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
FINANCE ASSISTANT - IPA Uganda
Accounting / Finance / Insurance
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 22/01/2021
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 2
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Excel
IPA Uganda is seeking to hire a highly motivated and qualified individual with finance and accounting management experiences. The IPA Uganda Finance Department is responsible for all financial functions in Uganda, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The IPA Uganda Finance Department ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as Organizational internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program operations, the Finance Department provides timely reports and assistance to the Country representatives and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively.
Working in the Finance Department under the direction of the Senior Finance and Accounting Manager, the Finance Assistant will assist in the processing and recording of payment transactions in a timely and accurate manner in line with IPA applicable policies and guidelines.
- Maintain all accounts files on the IPA filing systems, ensuring that information is properly filed and updated.
- Assist with month end balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Make sure that all supporting documentation for Transactions are filed according to IPA and donor procedures.
- Write checks based on fully approved documents and present them to the approved check-signatories for review and signature.
- Issue cheques and complete payment cycle in Kiss flow.
- Enter all Accounts Payable (AP) transactions in the Accounting system (NETSUIT).
- File all cash and bank vouchers and maintain voucher filing system such that files are updated, complete and safeguarded in line with the IPA Policies.
- Prepare monthly amortization entries of prepaid accounts.
- Record advance payments and updating advance tracking sheet for staff in the Advance Log sheet.
- Review advance returns for accuracy and completeness and ensure that the expense have been fully approved and accounted for before posting to NETSUIT.
- Record any cash deposits made to settle staff advances in NETSUIT and update the Advance Log Sheet accordingly.
- Prepare withholding (WHT) tax payment monthly for contractors and recording labour hours.
- Prepare pettycash transfer requests and post transactions into NETSUIT.
- Check Advance returns and record/retire them in NETSUIT ensuring that they are closed out.
- Support the Finance Manager with Audits
- Performs other duties as assigned commensurate with position roles and responsibilities.
Academic and Trades Qualifications
- A University degree in Finance and/or Accounting
- An additional certification or part certification in professional accounting practice like ACCA and CPA is an added advantage.
- Working knowledge of NETSUIT or SAGE ABILA accounting systems is mandatory.
Work Experiences and Skills
- 3 years progressive experience in Financial Accounting.
- A minimum of 1 year post qualification experience within the NGO Sector.
- Computer literate, with working knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel and Accounting Software.
- Demonstrates knowledge of general record keeping and filing.
Personal Qualities and Behavioral Traits
- Demonstrates Excellent communication and inter-personal skills;
- Demonstrates diplomacy and tact. Is a self-starter and team player
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to details;
- Ability to deliver creative and participatory solutions.
- God fearing and demonstrates high moral ethics.
- Highly pro-active, self-disciplined and time conscience.
- Demonstrates strong business orientation, organizational, methodical and planning skills.
- Maintain confidentiality of data/information obtained.
Physical Demands/Work Conditions:
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior work environment which does not subject the employee to any hazardous or unpleasant elements.
- Involves sitting and using office equipment and computers.
- Tasks are multiple and diverse with some interrelationship across processes and involves liaison with entire staff on a day- to- day basis.
- Anticipates frequent interruptions to meet the needs and requests of staff, clients and contractors.
- Busy environment that requires excellent organizational, time and stress management skills to complete tasks
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 400 leading academics to conduct over 600 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide. The IPA website: www.poverty-action.org
How to Apply
Application process: Please complete the online assessment here: https://forms.gle/YxrLEVYyZjjTH2Gy5. This form includes an assessment and requires you to upload the following documents in PDF format: 1) updated CV including 3 professional referees: Maximum 2 pages in length, 2) Cover letter: Maximum 1 page in length and 3) Your highest- level degree or diploma: Maximum 2 pages in length. Due to the high number of applications, we will only be able to contact candidates who have successfully passed the CV screening step.