- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Street Business School
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 30/10/2020
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 1
Street Business School (SBS) creates opportunities for people living in poverty to become self-sustaining entrepreneurs, igniting within themselves the power to transform their lives and lift out of poverty through business creation. The Programs department interfaces directly with the beneficiaries and is the Learning Lab of SBS. It is also the mandate of Programs department to create and maintain relationships with partners who have interests that support SBS mission. The major program activities include entrepreneurial training, mentoring and tracking members’ business performance, creating linkages through sharing their success with the world and girl education.
The Program Assistant- Communications will be the on the ground communications support providing story and projects deliverables as defined by the Uganda Communications Team. Your deliverables will share with the world the amazing transformation as a result of SBS.
Your work will be in the following areas: story identification/research, business training & coaching, interviews, story writing and development, photography, videography, editing and more. You will work in tandem with the US Communications team to ensure goals are being met.
- Identify stories of members that will resonate with our key audiences and supporters
- Interview individuals to uncover their stories and successes with our programs, uncovering those “sweet spots” that may appeal to the reader
- Write and edit stories that uphold the voice of the organization and have a natural story arch
- Capture compelling communications visuals, including photos and videography
- Upload creative assets to organized department folders in ASANA or DropBox
- Work within ASANA (our project management system) to meet communications calendar deadlines
- Participate in meetings with Uganda and US Communications teams
- Coordinate and work with other professional talents who are documenting Street Business School’s work i.e.: photographers or videographers.
- Provide wide array of general communications support, based on organizational needs.
Other Program Responsibilities
- Assist with business coaching of organization’s members.
- Participate in business and home visits to members both in locations where SBS operates in Uganda
- Assist with entrepreneurial training sessions for the women.
The Communications Worker will participate in the overall staff activities of SBS including meetings, buying products, special projects, and celebrations
Personal Attributes/Additional skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications.
- Experience in digital marketing and customer service.
- Experience working in customer relations preferred.
- Excellent critical thinking skills and the ability to exercise good judgment and solve problems quickly and effectively
- Good understanding of local culture, fluent in Luganda or any other local language.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of computer programs such as Excel.
- Experience working in women’s groups, NGOs or M&E will be highly considered.
- Honest individual with a commitment to transparent reporting to SBS.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV and a short cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by October 30th 2020. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Qualified women are encouraged to apply.