- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Relationship Manager - Insurance
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 10/07/2020
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 5
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
Business Unit Energy , Mining ,Oil & Gas , Transport Division
ARL Level Manager
Summary • The role of an EMOT Asst .Manager is to
✓ Assist to plan, direct, lead or coordinate the activities of the
✓ Shall Manage a portfolio of Key client accounts.
✓ Oversees the team performance on all operations of the department.
• Experienced professional who possess a full understanding of General
Insurance as well as an understanding of business strategies to translate
direction into tactical plans.
• Resolves a wide range of operational issues in creative ways.
• Delivering of the agreed Business strategy of the department/ area of
specialty in line with the Company wide strategy. Including responsibility and
accountability of the department annual budget.
• Responsible for leading, developing and improving the day to day client
relationship for clients within the department.
• Maintain and improve client satisfaction, retention, revenue and profitability
including fee negotiation.
• Revenue Generation- Organic growth, and source for new business either
with existing or new clients. Identify opportunities and develop a robust
pipeline for increasing revenue and follows up appropriately.
• Structure insurance programmes to meet client’s needs. Manage and co-
ordinate all related activities including building a “client profile” of risks and
• Co-ordinate teams of Account handler, Technical Brokers and claims
handlers to ensure client service standards are met.
• Monitor and report on local/International markets and competitor activities.
• Analyse and interpret the markets/ relevant industries for competitive
advantage and emerging opportunities.
• Lead the tender processes in your department or/ areas of specialty.
• Claims advocacy in conjunction with the portfolio claims handlers
• Ensure that risk management/loss control/insurance programmes are
properly geared to cope with client’s exposure
• Ensure timeliness of work processing, quotations, policy issuance, claim
settlement and timely collection of premium due.
• Provide the required standard of service on a day to day basis to include,
handling all queries promptly, maintain regular client contacts: develop an
intimate knowledge of their business and liaison between clients, Minet
Technical team and Insurers.
• Overall responsibility for the credit control function of the department. Ensure
premium is collected from client timeously.
• Ensure compliance with all client onboarding and due diligence procedures.
• Provide relevant reports and information to the executive as may be
• Manage relationships with suppliers/Insurers.
• All other duties and responsibilities as more fully described in the Servicing
• Perform any other duties that may be assigned to you
• Works on high demand of the clients due to the nature of their operations .
• Able to draw conclusions based on the clients’ need and apply results to the organization’s business
• Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Decisions normally have impact on the functional area and on clients and/or other parts of the
• Decisions are typically guided by functional practices, management precedents and professional
• Builds and retains relationships with the clients and insurers.
• Networks with both the departmental staff and organisational staff .
• Uses knowledge to provide consultative advice and recommendations within specific functional areas
• Operates independently and with initiative according to established standards and principles.
• Manages, supervises, and provides support/guidance on daily operations of the department and
Competencies, Knowledge & Experience
Technical Skills and
• Can confidently articulate Minet’s proposition and how it differentiates Minet
and benefit clients
• Very good knowledge of Policy wordings( General l Insurance)
• Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction . Makes Prompt, clear decision which may involve tough choices.
• Provides others with a clear direction. Delegates work appropriately and
fairly. Motivates and empowers others, Sets appropriate standards of
behavior and provides staff with development opportunities and coaching.
• Possesses advanced analytical, technical and problem-solving skills and
• Have the ability to work independently, cope with high volumes of work and
perform under pressure
• Be efficient and produce accurate work
• Good planning, organizational , analytical and interpersonal skills
• Be computer literate with experience in MS Word, Excel & Power point
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Applies professional principles and business judgment to solve unique
problems or to develop new procedures, process and products.
Education & Certification
• Be in a possession of a Bachelor’s degree.
• Have insurance knowledge and qualification.
• Any business related qualification ( Management/leadership, strategy, sales
• Have a minimum of 3- 5 year relevant experience in insurance underwriting and claims administration / management.
• Have a high work ethic and must have the ability to function effectively under
• Be a team player, have the ability to build good relationships, support and
actively participate in, and contribute to any team initiatives
• Be dependable and respect confidentiality
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please email your cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. No email be heavier than 2MBs. Due to the high number of applications we anticipate receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.