- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
URGENT!!! COOPERATION OFFICER 1 -. ICRC DELEGATION UGANDA
ICRC DELEGATION UGANDA
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 16/03/2020
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 5
Required languages: English
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: KAMPALA
LINE MANAGER: COOPERATION COORDINATOR
The Cooperation Officer 1 contributes to implementing their delegation's objectives for cooperation
with the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement (the Movement) in line with the ICRC’s
Movement policies and in consultation with the local operating National Society (NS). S/he contributes
to building a positive relationship between the ICRC and the National Society (Uganda Red Cross
Generic Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Contributes to implementing the operational partnership between the ICRC and the NS by working
closely with colleagues and the NS to develop joint procedures and operational arrangements.
• Identifies the NS’s strengths and weaknesses to better set strategy and objectives for capacity-
building and clearly communicates them to colleagues (also communicates the NS’s specific auxiliary
status to State authorities).
• Takes trips to the field to prepare and attend joint assessments and/or contribute to NS capacity-
• Contributes to maintaining a constant overview of the Movement’s activities, capacity and affairs.
• Contributes to organizing various Movement meetings.
• Ensures that the NS provides operational and financial reports on a regular basis and according to
established formats and procedures; provides training and regular coaching in financial management
and reporting to NS staff. .
• Maintains an open line of communication with Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) technical staff on
capacity-strengthening needs and institutional support at HQ and at ICRC priority branches level.
• Provides support to the URCS on statutory matters.
Specific Functional Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the line manager;
a. Maintains contacts with URCS and Movement partners; in particular liaising on a regular
basis on routine concerns or issues of the Cooperation Dept; organising coordination
meetings when requested;
b. Represents the line manager when required in bilateral meetings with Movement
c. Drafts reports or notes on key topics or issues identified within the Cooperation Dept;
facilitates in that regards reporting on Tracing activities when necessary.
d. Contributes actively to the budget process under the guidance of the line manager.
e. Drafts minutes of relevant meetings.
f. Contributes to maintaining a constant overview of the Movement’s activities, capacity and
affairs; contributes to organizing various Movement meetings; supports the Movement
Cooperation Coordinator on issues related to coordination within the Movement, in
particular on capacity-strengthening approaches.
Page 2 of 2
a. Verify and check all submissions from the URCS with regards to accuracy and
compliance to established or agreed practices and standards; in particular in reference to
ICRC procurement and financial procedures; in reference with official policies of the
URCS and agreed plans of activities/plans of action.
b. When relevant, highlights and prepares corrective course of action or corrective
c. In particular, ensures that submissions from the URCS to Cooperation and other
departments are in line with approved plans and budgets, cash requests and quarterly
and yearly submission are accurately and timely reconciled; contributes to the accuracy
of the procurement and supply chain when and where relevant,
d. Liaises with Finance and Admin of the ICRC in that regards when necessary
a. Drafts relevant correspondence
b. Maintains the department’s database and the RC Movement Division URCS file as
c. Ensures that Reference Files are properly populated.
a. Supports the facilitation of trainings relevant to the Delegation’s plan
b. Actively contributes or participates to field missions; assessments etc including in terms
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
• University degree in Political Sciences / Communication / Economics / Law.
• At least 5 years work experience in dealing with multilateral partners.
• Confirmed communication and reporting skills.
• Confirmed planning, organisational and analytical skills.
• Confirmed computer skills especially Excel, Word and Power Point.
• Personal integrity, honesty, discretion and reliability.
• Excellent report-drafting skills, with consistent attention to detail.
• Very good communication and interpersonal skills; ability to train, coach and motivate others.
• Strong sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative and to work independently.
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please email your cover letter and current CV to email@example.com. No email be heavier than 2MBs. Due to the high number of applications we anticipate receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.