- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Uganda Golf Club - CLUB PROFESSIONAL
Uganda Golf Club
Production / Operations
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 06/12/2019
Minimum qualification: Diploma
Minimum years of experience: 3
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: MS Office
Job Ref: PRO
Reports to: CLUB MANAGER
Job Purpose: The Club pro reports directly to the club manager1 s/he provides technical and managerial supervision of the Pro Shop, driving range, tee mes, course play, tournaments and oungs, lessons, merchandising, training. S/he should be able to provide highly efficient and superior customer service, while promong the game of golf to all golfers and potenal and provide golf instrucon to the general public.
Roles & Responsibilies:
- To oversee the development of operang procedures and training manuals for the golf operaon
- Develop/oversee golf instrucon, clinics, golf schools, and player development programs
- Enforce all rules and regulaons governing golf course usage
- To oversee the management and performance of the golf shop and applicable department operaons and services; assure high standards and total customer sasfacon.
- To supervise and manage the Assistant Golf Professional(s) and all golf department staff in the teaching and managing the game of golf.
- Oversee golf markeng iniaves including all promoonal materials, play recruitment, yield management, golf packages, and outside events plus the promoon of new golf memberships (where applicable)
- Coordinate and ensure all wrien correspondence, newsleers, and communicaons for the golf Operaon.
- Schedules and chairs regular staff meengs focused on customers, operaons, revenue growth, cost containment and connuous improvement
- Manages the daily opening and closing of golf operaons
- Ensure that starter or marshal dues are performed sasfactorily at all mes especially on many Tournaments to avoid delays.
- Manage compeons, starng from registraon of players, making draws, tallying and overseeing the results.
- Manage the handicap system (CONGU) for members and maintain the handicap records.
- Devotes a reasonable amount of me to play golf with members of all skill levels
- Maintain an aracve, orderly appearance in and around the pro shop, pracce range facilies and other golf related areas to create a high-quality environment.
- Avail him/herself, to the best of his/her abilies, to directly assist in the furtherance of member sasfacon by maintaining a friendly, hospitable and helpful atude with all members, guests and fellow employees.
- Ensure that all staff are presentable, well groomed and in established uniforms at all mes.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean, safe working environment, with emphasis on promong employee health and safety
Educaon, Essenal Knowledge, Skills and Traits
- Fundamental knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, golf facility operaons and tournament
- Fundamental supervisory pracces and principles
- Act as a role model for all employees by demonstrang the behavior and work ethic expected of
- all employees especially caddies
- Strong organizaonal, planning and priorizaon skills
- Self-movated with desire to promote and market the game of golf
- Experienced computer user including; Microso Word and Excel. Proficient in other applicaons,
- i.e. email, internet, tournament and database
- Maintain and promote a posive professional image within the community
- Maintain a credible golf game and remain current on teaching innovaons
- Knowledge of sports merchandising, sales psychology, sports fashion trends and golf equipment trends.
- Ability to coordinate and expedite golf acvies, such as leagues and tournaments.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with golf course staff and the public; maintain a congenial
- rapport with all those he/she comes in contact with.
- A Bachelor’s degree in any related field or its equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the posion
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, please email your cover letter and current CV to firstname.lastname@example.org