- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
ASSISTANT PROJECT OFFICER – LUWEERO DISTRICT- NAWOU
uganda - luwero full-time Closing date - 03/10/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 2
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
Reports to: Program Manager
Project Name: Strengthening Women’s Protection and Rights in Business.
NAWOU seeks to recruit a qualified person who can work under minimum supervision as Assistant Project Officer for the project titled: Strengthening Women’s Protection and Rights in Business. Funded by Forum for Women and Development (FOKUS), the four year project focuses on two pathways for the empowerment of women, namely employment/labour and production. It is designed to address the causes of women’s economic vulnerability by strengthening women’s organising to influence the legal and policy environment on business and human rights. The project also enhances access to redress and eliminating all forms of discrimination and abuse against women working in agri-business and trade.
The Assistant Project Officer will provide leadership in the field delivery of the project in Luweero district with the aim of building viable businesses for women working in cooperatives and increasing incomes. The function supports the target groups to build their understanding of business and human rights, promoting the rights of women as well as ensuring that the women in these cooperatives and the stakeholders uphold business and human rights principles, while gender equality in agri-business is promoted.
The Assistant Project Officer will be responsible for planning, implementation, monitoring and reporting for the project in Luwero districts. S/He will ensure that the project meets its targets in the planning, implementation, coordination, and reporting of field activities.
- Plan, process and implement activities in line with the project narrative, logical framework and monitoring frameworks
- Prepare periodic project reports in line with organizational and donor reporting guidelines
- Manage and report on finances for activities at field level and petty cash for field operations
- Support member organisations and district networks in your area of work to design and strengthen advocacy initiatives relating to agri-business
- Ensure proper administration of project field office based in Luwero District in collaboration with other project implementing partners as well as balancing work in the field and at the Secretariat.
- Collect and produce project stories of change for project reporting and sharing on media platforms
- Carry out project monitoring and evaluation with support from the monitoring and evaluation team, using appropriate tools designed by the organization to keep track of project deliverables and progress.
- Provide training and continuous support visits and mentoring of project beneficiaries and partner organisations in agri-business
- Represent NAWOU in steering committee meetings, review meetings and local government meetings related to the project and relevant sectors.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A degree in agriculture, agri-business, economics or a related field
- Experience working with rural communities
- Extensive experience in designing and implementing agri-business projects and initiatives
- At least two years of relevant working experience preferably in an INGO or NGO.
- Research and policy advocacy skills
- Ability to work independently, with local government, civil society and communities
- The candidate must possess good communication and mobilization skills
- Must be proficient in computer i.e. MS. Word, Excel, use of internet, Power point and other computer applications
- Ability to interpret project and program documents, and roll out the work plan
- A goo background in working with cooperatives is an added advantage
- Ability to ride a motorcycle is an added advantage
- Fluency in Luganda
How to Apply
Persons interested in the above opportunity should submit online applications, CVs, copies of academic documents and details of at least two (2) referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org Deadline for receiving applications: