- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Restoring of Family Links (RFL) Field Officer-. ICRC
uganda - Yumbe full-time Closing date - 04/09/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 3
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC Tracing team, in cooperation with Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS), provides services to people separated by conflicts and other situations of violence in order to search for their family members and re-establish contact between them, especially unaccompanied children. The ICRC Delegation has an immediate opening for the following position based in Yumbe:
Title: RFL Field Officer
Duty Station: Yumbe
Working hours: 40 hours a week
Reports to: RFL Delegate
Number of positions: 1
The RFL Field Officer works under the direct supervision of the RFL Delegate and is responsible for the implementation and monitoring of ICRC Restoring of Family Links (RFL) activities in West Nile. He/she ensures proper treatment of RFL enquiries arising from conflict, violence or natural disaster related family separations.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Under the direct supervision of the RFL Delegate, ensures the adequate implementation of RFL activities in West Nile region in coordination with Uganda Red Cross Society. The main activities and tasks include but not limited to the following:
Assessment of RFL needs in the area of responsibility and share reports with the supervisor:
- Collects and shares any relevant information on refugee population movement into and out of the settlements of responsibility
- Supports the URCS field in the collection, recording and distribution of Red Cross messages
- Supports the URCS in the implementation of free phone calls to the refugees
- Monitors, the registration, filing, referral and follow up of tracing cases;
- Supports the URCS team in the identification, registration, referral follow up and where possible organize for the reunification of Unaccompanied Minors (UAM), vulnerable separated children or adults in the settlements or across the borders.
- Provides constant support and coaching to the volunteers and staff members of the Ugandan Red Cross Society, and maintains a good working relationship with the Ugandan Red Cross Society's field staff;
- Ensures the strict application of tracing guidelines and criteria regarding all tracing services.
- Follows closely and keeps direct supervisor informed about activities and initiatives undertaken by other organisations in relation to tracing/RFL and child protection.
- Maintains coordination and networking with other humanitarian actors in the area of responsibility through referral of cases and participation in periodic group/cluster meetings
- Compiles and shares field trip reports with the supervisor writes field trip reports
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
- University degree in relevant field
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the humanitarian field
- Excellent command of English, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of Madi, Luo, Aringa, Lugbara, Kiswahili, Arabic would be an asset.
- Very good computer skills especially in MS Word and Excel and databases.
- Good planning and organisation skills
- Discrete and reliable person, trustful and rigorous
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to deal with people respectfully and show empathy to others
- Able to work under pressure, flexible and open to working extra hours if necessary
- Capacity to learn and adapt to new working methods
- Available for immediate deployment
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address and e-mail below. Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Email: email@example.com Closing date: Friday, 6th September 2019 While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.