- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Vehicle Fleet Manager-. ICRC
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 04/09/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 3
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC Delegation in Kampala has an immediate opening for the following position:
Title : Vehicle Fleet Manager
Duty Station : Kampala
Working hours : 40 hours a week
Reports to : Head of Logistics
Number of positions : 1
The Vehicle Fleet Manager oversees management of the fleet of ICRC vehicles so that operational needs are met, working in strict compliance with the standards set at headquarters. S/he carries out effective and efficient resource planning and scheduling for ICRC and non-ICRC owned vehicles within the operational area.
1. Vehicle/Generator management
- Determines needs in terms of the fleet and maximizes its efficiency and effectiveness through planned resource allocation in accordance with guidelines.
- Manages and carries out controls of the fleet stock and spare parts inventory in accordance with guidelines.
- Provides technical input in the decision-making process regarding private transport services under contract, especially freight transport and passengers transport with private taxi companies.
- Manage and supervise the planning of maintenance and repairs of all fleet units including generators.
- Coordinates with out-sourced workshops regarding maintenance and repairs.
- Ensures that surveys of local workshops and of local spare parts suppliers are done regularly, to get the best service at the best price and quality.
- Ensures that all vehicles are in compliance with internal and national traffic rules and insurance requirements.
- Ensure all security measures and safety standards are in place for vehicles and transport and that they are adhered to by the vehicle users.
- Supervise management of all vehicles registration/documentation.
- Prepares vehicle orders and in collaboration with Head of Logistics, supervises the disposal or donation of vehicles (e.g. request for disposal approval, participate in the administrative disposal processes).
- Provides Fleet related data for annual budget preparation.
- Ensures that wastes generated by vehicles and generators are treated in an ecofriendly manner, in order to reduce negative impacts on the environment.
2. Fuel management
- Manages and carries out controls on fuel supplies, for which S/he has final accountability and carries out contingency planning.
- Responsible for timely re-fuelling vehicles and keeping safe custody of fuel cards and “Blue Keys”
- Manage fuel tax refund claims with Ministry of Foreign Affairs/URA
3. Vehicle dispatch management
- Supervises and manages the drivers and regulates their movements, to ensure reduction in fatigue for safety drive;
- Coordinate travels to ensure all requested field travels are well managed for operations continuity.
- Test drive new vehicle users and give them induction on vehicle usage and ICRC policy governing vehicle use.
- Arrange for airport travels as requested by the Travel office to ensure all pick up and drop offs are consistently executed.
4. Fleet database management
- Acts as the administrator of the Fleet & tracking system applications and uses them to generate reports; analyses the report and takes corrective action.
- Controls the consistency in fleet data entries related to vehicles and monitors the tracking system.
5. Staff Management
- Supervises the performance management & development of employees under direct supervision.
- Engages in ongoing and continuous feedback and support, particularly for employees under their supervision, but also other staff members
- Ensures that job descriptions for employees under their supervision are up to date
- Ensure the drivers adhere to the local traffic regulations.
- Participate in recruitment of drivers including conducting practical driving tests
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
- Degree in Automotive & Power engineering or Mechanical engineering or Degree in Transport & Logistics with training in mechanics.
- 3 -5 years’ experience in the same field
- Good computer skills especially in MS Excel & Word and databases
- Master 4WD and HF/VHF radio use
- Good command of spoken and written English
- Flexibility and resistance to stress
- Driving skills with a valid driving permit
- Good planning, organizational and analytical skills
- Sense of responsibility and ability to take initiative and to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and willingness to work outside working hours and duty station
- Excellent reporting skills
- Available for immediate deployment
How to Apply
How to apply: Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address and e-mail below. Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Email: email@example.com Closing date: Friday, 6th September 2019 While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.