- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
RESEARCH ASSOCIATE -. IPA
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 28/06/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 2
Required languages: English
LOCATION: Based in Kampala with periodic travel to the field
COMMITMENT: 3 months
DESIRED START DATE: July 8, 2019
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy non-profit that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor. In recent decades, trillions of dollars have been spent on programs designed to reduce global poverty, but clear evidence on which programs succeed is rare, and when evidence does exist, decision-makers often do not know about it. IPA exists to bring together leading researchers and these decision-makers to ensure that the evidence we create leads to tangible impact on the world. Since its founding in 2002, IPA has worked with over 400 leading academics to conduct over 600 evaluations in 51 countries. This research has informed hundreds of successful programs that now impact millions of individuals worldwide.
IPA is seeking highly motivated and qualified individuals with outstanding research project management, data analysis, people management and communication skills as Research Associate, to lead one of IPA Uganda’s ongoing studies. Funding has been secured for three months of Research Associate time on a study for strengthening the effectiveness of Uganda’s Consumer Protection Framework.
The Research Associate (RA) will take a lead role in designing survey instruments, conducting quantitative and pilot exercises to inform study and/or questionnaire design, training and managing survey teams, ensuring data collection protocols are adhered to, ensuring data collected is of highest quality, delivering clean databases, assisting in preliminary analysis, assisting in the writing of project reports and policy memos, and managing communication and relationships with stakeholders (researchers, implementing partners, donors, etc). The position requires excellent interpersonal and organization skills. It also requires proficiency with Stata.
Specific Roles and Responsibilities
- Liaise with Principal Investigators and Survey Coordinator in the design of survey questionnaires.
- In collaboration with the Survey Coordinator, ensure local and international Institutional Review Board (IRB) approvals are obtained.
- Work with the data manager to program survey tools using ODK, high-frequency checks and data flows.
- Work with the Survey Coordinator to ensure translation of survey tools in local languages.
- Develop data collection protocols and data quality assurance protocol.
- Develop a data collection plan (procurement, logistics and route plan) that ensures adherence to data collection budget.
- Manage the project budget.
- Supervise training and hiring of team leaders, auditors and surveyors.
- Conduct daily data quality checks.
- Ensure implementation of survey spot checks back-checks.
- Compile clean databases.
- Assist the PI team in data analysis.
- Manage critical high-level relationships with donors, partner organizations and researchers.
- Produce technical reports for donor and/or other stakeholders (e.g. policy brief for Government).
- Keep the Research Manager and the PI team appraised of all project activities.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Statistics, Social Sciences, Public Policy or related field;
- Min 2-3 years of research project experience at a field research management or analyst position;
- Experience with Open Data Kit (ODK) programming language;
- Proficiency with Stata and Microsoft Office tools is necessary, particularly Word and Excel;
- Experience managing large datasets;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Excellent command of English, both spoken and written;
- Excellent management and organizational skills;
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate work effectively over email and phone
- Flexible, self-motivating and team player;
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with stakeholders (PI and partner organizations);
- Demonstrated commitment to IPA’s high standards of data quality;
Desired Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in economics, statistics, public policy, social sciences, or related field;
- Knowledge of another data analysis software is a plus;
- Familiarity with randomized controlled trials is a strong plus.
How to Apply
Please email your updated CV (2 pages max) including 3 professional referees, a cover letter and highest level academic certificates to email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org Please indicate any preference for a particular study or research thematic in your cover letter Applications will be processed on a rolling basis. Only candidates who meet the required specifications will be contacted. DISCLAIMER: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by Research Associate. The statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all possible duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Management reserves the right to amend and change responsibilities to meet organizational needs as necessary. Please note that IPA will never request any form of payment from an applicant. IPA is an equal opportunity employer.