- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
ASSISTANT MANAGER UNDERWRITING - Insurance
uganda - Kampala full-time Closing date - 30/06/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 3
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: MS Office
Our Client an insurance brokering company in Uganda dealing in general insurance, life, pension and medical schemes is looking for an assistant Business Development Manager.
The primary role of this position is centered around the client, assessing their insurance and brokerage needs and advising them based on their circumstances. This is a mid-level position that involves interaction with various clients & industry. The position supports the Underwriting Manager in ensuring revenue growth as per the set objectives, client retention, training existing and potential clients in product brands, marketing of company Insurance Brokerage services and overseeing the day-to-day management and administrative functions of the department.
• Assist in formulating and executing Underwriting work plans for the agreed product lines.
• Identify and analyse client risks, needs and challenges in the business environment;
• Propose remedial strategies and share with the management team for redress.
• Find new clients and forecast their future needs.
• Negotiate for the terms and conditions/ best deals.
• Coordinate and manage the client renewal processes to maintain 95% retention of clients.
• Enhancement & policy issuance of additional classes bi-annually.
• Market analysis of stakeholders (external).
Required Experiences, Skills and Abilities ;
• 3 years progressive experience in Insurance Industry at a senior level.
• Underwriting and claims management experience in both General and Life Insurance management.
• At least 2 years Sales & Marketing skills within the service industry.
Personal Qualities and Behavioural Traits
• Demonstrates creativity and innovation in terms of product scope and cover.
• Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the Underwriting and Claims management.
• Must be able to work with minimum supervision and challenging situations.
• Excellent planning, organization, communication and decision-making skills.
• Confidentiality, tact and discretion when dealing with staff and client issues.
• Computer Literacy in MS word and MS Excel, Internet and E-mail communication skills.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A degree in relevant field.
• A certificate in insurance.
• Post Graduate Diploma in a commercial related field like Business Administration and Management, Sales and Marketing is an added advantage.
• Specialized training in the insurance industry.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Application should be marked as “ASSISTANT MANAGER UNDERWRITING - Insurance” Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Address: People Performance Group Plot 8 Kitante Close, (off Yusuf Lule Road) Kitante P.O. Box 12405, Kampala - Uganda