- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
TRANSPORT/FLEET MANAGER -. PEOPLE PERFORMANCE GROUP
People Performance Group
Logistics / Transportation
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 19/06/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 4
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
Our client is looking for a highly organized Transport/Fleet Manager with excellent leadership, fleet management and decision making skills. The Fleet Manager will be responsible for assisting in the recruitment of quality drivers into the fleet, maintaining detailed records of vehicle servicing and inspection and scheduling regular vehicle maintenance to ensure operational efficiency, among other duties.
The Transport/Fleet Manager will be responsible for managing the execution, direction and coordination of all transportation matters. This includes ensuring vehicle availability to meet the transportation requirements, that vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements, managing budgets and making sure that drivers are aware of their responsibilities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, implement and periodically review the fleet management system in the company to ensure effectiveness in transport services delivery.
- Periodically review and track compliance to transport supply contracts and agreements by third party transport providers to ensure value for money is achieved.
- Plan and implement routine fleet maintenance checks and data analytics and advise management on necessary interventions
- Monitor overall transport spending to ensure expenses are consistent with best practice and are within approved budgets.
- Ensure accurate, proper and timely accounting for transport expenditure
- Ensure safety of all company fleet and users and ensure adherence to organisation and national safety regulations and legislation
- Monitor operations to ensure effective internal controls in fleet management, compliance to the company transport Policies and procedures and suggest improvements where necessary
- Provide appropriate technical support for fleet acquisition and disposals
- Manage the company Fleet insurance policy and ensure all insurable risks are mitigated.
- Conduct employee training sessions for all drivers in areas such as safety, hazardous material handling and quality improvement
- Supervise transport staff, ensure staff growth, productivity and succession planning
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering or related field
- Membership of an internationally recognized transport professional body would be an added advantage e.g. CILT - Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport
- Not less than three years’ experience in a transport and logistics management supervisory role
- Critical Thinking -- Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions / options, conclusions or approaches to transport issues.
- Active Listening – ability to give full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand positions being made, asking the right questions at appropriate times.
- Negotiation -- Bringing opinions together and trying to reconcile differences in methodologies of work execution. Negotiating best contracts for the company
- Equipment Selection -- Determining the kind of vehicles, tools and machine equipment to use in each transaction.
- Monitoring -- Monitoring/Assessing transport management performance of self, team members and the business to make improvements or take corrective action.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. Application should be marked as “TRANSPORT/FLEET MANAGER - FOL” Applications may not exceed 2MBs. Email: email@example.com Address: People Performance Group Plot 8 Kitante Close, (off Yusuf Lule Road) Kitante P.O. Box 12405, Kampala - Uganda While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.