- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Finance and Administration Manager -. Sense International Uganda
Sense International Uganda
Accounting / Finance / Insurance
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 22/05/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 3
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
Location: Sense International Uganda office, Ntinda, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Country Director
Responsibility for: Driver, Office Assistant, and Interns and any Volunteers supporting with financial and administrative duties.
Purpose: To manage Sense International Uganda’s finances, procurement and administration (including human resources) and to support to the Country Director to ensure effective running of Sense International as an organization and efficient implementation of Sense International programmes.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Record keeping and financial administration
- Be responsible for all financial record keeping in SAGE and ensure the information is in line with Sense International Uganda (SI Uganda) budgetary guidelines.
- Ensure that all finances are properly administered and monitored in accordance with SI Uganda’s Finance Manual.
- Ensure the timely provision of financial information when requested
- Prepare monthly financial reports for the Country Director and finance team at Sense International UK, including expenditure against budget, completing the returns for funding codes and ensuring they are in a format suitable for posting onto the HQ SUN system.
Sense International budgets
- Prepare information and accurate forecasting for input into the budget process.
- Develop the overall SI Uganda budget working with colleagues
- Prepare quarterly financial reports and provide expenditure verification to Sense International UK on request.
Donor budgeting, compliance and reporting
- Participate in and contribute to budgetary planning meetings funding proposals for specific donors and support the Programme Funding Manager on preparation of bids
- Develop and monitor budgets for donor applications working with the Programmes team and reforecast these as needed.
- Advise programme staff on adherence to donor specific financial procedures
- Provide expenditure verification to donors on request.
- Ensure the timely provision of financial information when requested, such as for donor quarterly reporting or at the end of a donor funded project.
Banking, requisitions and Petty Cash
- Be responsible for tracking and maintaining petty cash reconciliations.
- Closely monitor the bank balance, maintain bank records, perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Act as the contact person with the bank for all financial matters (e.g. changing names on signatures etc.) and act as an agent for bank transfers and withdrawals in line with Sense International’s procedures.
- Administer requisitions system for staff needing cash for travel and programme activities in line with project budgets.
- Submit payroll information as and when required to Finance and Administration Manager – East Africa in SI Kenya and ensure all statutory deductions are accurate and paid in a timely manner.
- Provide financial management support to partners, e.g. helping them establish systems of book-keeping and effective record keeping, ensuring compliance with the agreed budget and best use of funds, monitoring adherence to all financial aspects of the partnership agreement with SI Uganda.
- To monitor partner organisations to ensure financial compliance, the alignment of activities to the budget lines, and compliance with procedures as stipulated by Sense International UK and donor requirements.
- To execute all financial transactions to partners on a monthly basis, with the authorization of the Country Director.
- Be responsible for any internal financial audit systems in Uganda, as required.
- Lead on the SI Uganda annual audit.
- Lead on donor specific project audits.
- Liaise with the Sense International UK Finance team in relation to any external audits for Uganda, as required.
- Ensure that Sense International Uganda complies with all the relevant statutory requirements, including compliance with laws and regulations governing companies and NGOs, and those governing employee rights and payment of taxes (URA).
- Ensure Sense International Uganda’s official registration with the Government is appropriate and up to date.
- Ensure annual returns and audit reports are provided to the relevant Government Ministry / NGO Co-ordination Board ahead of deadlines.
- Be responsible, in consultation with the Country Director, for the procurement of goods and services, ensuring that appropriate quotes are obtained and that invoices are paid without delay.
- Oversee correct implementation of the procurement system with strict adherence to thresholds (e.g. when three quotes are needed)
- Ensure staff are aware of the procurement processes and oversee the implementation.
- Ensure careful selection of contractors / service providers
- Manage system of preferred suppliers carefully.
- Ensure timely procurement which enables colleagues to meet programme-related deadlines.
- Involve others in procurement decisions where additional scrutiny is required.
- Manage import processes, including any duties /levies, tracking international goods to ensure timely and safe receipt.
- Insurance: Renew in a timely way all insurance premiums that are due (including medical insurance, office equipment insurance, car insurance etc.)
- Utilities: Manage and make payment of utilities and bills, liaising with suppliers as needed, taking into account cost effectiveness and available budgets.
- Assets: Oversee the maintenance of the asset register (with serial numbers) and ensure safe custody of office assets, including computers, laptops, contents of the safe, petty cash, camera, projector and vehicle. Ensure staff use the sign in / sign out log correctly.
- Records: Maintain records to meet legal and tax requirements, and safeguard all governance documents such as articles, memoranda, resolutions for the necessary number of years.
- Governance: Ensure the NGO Co-ordination Board and any other official government bodies are informed of any changes in a timely manner e.g. election of a new Trustee to the Board.
- IT: Support admin staff to ensure a good level of service from the IT supplier and support resolution of IT issues
- Ensure effective logistics for programme work, e.g. well maintained vehicle for field work, suitable environment and organisation of meetings with external entities, booking of flights for staff and other entities, etc.
- Office systems: maintain, and develop where necessary, the administration of office systems including filing systems with the support of the Office Assistant.
- Ensure that the Office Assistant delivers on general administrative duties; postage, ordering stationery, etc and the Maintenance of the physical working environment of the Sense International Uganda office, including safe upkeep and maintenance of office equipment.
- Ensure that the SI Uganda HR Handbook is accessible and followed by all members of staff
- Support with recruitment and induction processes with the Country Director
- Ensure that all employee personal files are up to date and stored securely and in adherence to our Data Protection policy
- Oversee the staff annual leave calendar with support from line managers.
- Supervise, mentor and coach administration staff.
- Monitor the staff training/development budget and encourage staff to utilize it (with support from the Country Director).
- Planning & organising annual team building events together with the Country Director.
- Ensure implementation of the Sense International Safeguarding system
- Be prepared to undertake any other duties within the role as required.
Qualifications and Experience
- Education to Degree standard or equivalent, in Commerce, Accounting and or Business Management or Business Administration
- Relevant financial management qualifications (ACCA or CPA desirable)
- Substantial experience in financial and administrative operations, preferably in an NGO setting.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
- Relevant skills and knowledge in financial leadership and operational management.
- Ability to contribute to effective strategic and operational decision making.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Proven ability to lead, develop, manage and motivate teams and individual direct reports.
- Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively and contribute to team working
- Proven ability to implement and monitor highly effective and efficient financial controls.
- Demonstrated ability to prepare and present accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with donor requirements, relevant regulations and legislation.
- Ability to learn Ugandan rules / requirements for NGOs to operate in line with legislation and URA requirements
- Demonstrated commitment to ensuring that the finance and administration function works collaboratively with other departments to deliver organisational goals.
- Sound working knowledge of Windows based software packages, including Sage Accounting systems, spreadsheets, e-mail, the internet etc
- Strong commitment to high standards of service delivery and customer care.
- Must be a Uganda national or with legal right to remain and work in Uganda.
- Willingness to learn about deafblindness and commitment to Sense International’s mission.
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads.
- A positive and proactive approach to all areas of work with a ‘can do’ attitude, in line with the organisation’s values.
- High standards of personal integrity, honesty and discretion.
- Experience of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
- Understanding of Ugandan rules / requirements for NGOs to operate
How to Apply
Send in your application letters and cvs with 3 referees to the address or e-mail below. Emails that exceed 2MB will not be considered. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those that qualify will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualifi cation.