- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Coordinators -. NURI
NGO / Nonprofit Charitable Organizations
uganda - Moyo, Adjumani full-time Closing date - 28/05/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 4
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: MS Office
Moyo and Adjuman (NURI Resilient Agricultural Units)
Background: The Northern Uganda Resilience Initiative (NURI) is one of three engagements under the Uganda Programme on Sustainable and Inclusive Development of the Economy (UPSIDE), which is a thematic programme of the Danish Country Programme for Uganda 2018-2022, for which a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) has been signed between the Government of Denmark and the Government of Uganda.
NURI will pursue enhanced resilience and equitable economic development in Northern Uganda, including for refugees and host communities, by supporting Climate Smart Agriculture (CSA), Rural Infrastructure (RI), and Water Resources Management (WRM). NURI will be implemented over 4 years from 2019 to 2022.
Geographically NURI covers 9 districts, namely; Arua, Pakwach, Nebbi, Zombo, Moyo and Adjumani in West Nile sub region - and Agago, Kitgum and Lamwo in the Acholi Sub Regions of Northern Uganda. Besides targeting nationals, NURI works with refugee settlements within selected districts. Selected settlements include Rhino Camp Refugee settlement in Arua District, Palorinya Refugee Settlement in Moyo District, 3 selected refugee settlements in Adjumani District and Palabek Ogili Refugee Settlement in Lamwo District. NURI activities are implemented by various local partners, e.g. District Farmers Associations (DFAs), and Resilience Agricultural Units (RAUs). Other interventions will be outsourced to private companies/partners.
A coordination function (CF) has been established to oversee and coordinate the implementation of NURI. NURI CF seeks to hire 2 highly qualified, dedicated and experienced nationals for the position of Coordinator for its Moyo and Adjumani Resilience Agricultural Units.
Coordinator reports to the Regional Coordinator Moyo and Adjuman, who heads the NURI Coordination Function North West-Nile Sub-Region.
Purpose of the position
To provide technical leadership and managerial oversight for the NURI Programme in the area of operation. The Coordinator has responsibility for ensuring timely implementation and reporting of NURI programme activities in the district. The coordinator will provide ongoing program technical support, supervision, guidance, capacity building and motivation to ensure effective performance and retention of NURI RAU staff.
Major Responsibilities include:
• Have overall responsibility for managing RAU and implementing the agricultural activities of NURI in the District.
• Prepare annual work plans and budgets.
• Ensure that the activities are implemented in accordance with work plans and implementation guidelines.
• Regularly carry out field monitoring of activities and give feedback to the staff.
• Prepare quarterly and annual progress reports as well as monthly highlights.
• Request for and account for funds and ensure that funds are used in accordance with the financial guidelines.
• Enforce guidelines on proper use of programme assets and facilities.
• Participate in recruitment and orientation of staff.
• Supervise and manage staff, guide staff on setting of individual performance objectives including regular reviews and carry out annual appraisal of staff.
• Train, coach and mentor staff.
• Work closely with the NURI Regional Coordinator who is based in Moyo
• Liaise closely with the relevant DLG about issues relating to agricultural training, marketing, and VSLA.
• Liaise with OPM and UNHCR about issues relating to implementation in refugee settlements.
• Perform other duties as may be necessary e.g. participate in radio programs, coordination meetings and other meetings and activities in the respective area of jurisdiction.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A bachelor degree in Agricultural Sciences or similar from a recognised university.
• 4 years’ experience in agricultural development works, with at least 2 years’ experience in management positions
• Post graduate diploma in project planning and management will be an added advantage
• Good mobilisation, organisational, team building and communication skills
• Knowledge about financial management and procurement
• Good report writing skills
• Fluency in English is a must and proficiency in the local language in the North West Nile Sub-region, especially Madi is an added advantage.
• Good knowledge of the local context coupled with proven experience working in West Nile, especially with refugees and Ugandan nationals
• Computer skill i.e. MS Office applications
TECHNICAL SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• Well-developed and effective communication skills – both verbal and written
• Presentation skills
• Ability to work independently, often under pressure to meet deadlines.
• Fully conversant with MS Office applications
• A valid motorcycle riding license
How to Apply
Send in your application letters and cvs with 3 referees to the address or e-mail below. Emails that exceed 2MB will not be considered. Closing date: 10th May, 2019 at 5pm Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Address: People Performance Group Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O. Box 12405 Kampala. While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those that qualify will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. Employment with NURI CF is conditional upon successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks