- Smart Tvs
- TV, Audio
- Computers & Tablets
- Home Office Equipments
- GPS Navigation
- Car Video, Audio & GPS
- Radios & Clock Radios
- Cell Phones & Accessories
- Cameras & Photo
- Photo Accessories
- IP Phones
- Samsung Galaxy Phones
- iPad & Android Tablets
- e-Book Readers
- Video Games & Consolers
- Printers & Scanners
- Digital Picture Frames
- 3D Fashion Games
- Game Machine & Devices
- Contact Us
- Buy Porto!
Accountant -. ICRC
uganda - kampala full-time Closing date - 08/05/2019
Minimum qualification: Bachelors degree
Minimum years of experience: 3
Required languages: English
Required IT skills: ,MS Office
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organisation, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other situations of violence. The ICRC Delegation has an immediate opening for the following posiTION;
Duty Station: Kampala
Working hours: 40 hours a week
Reports to: Finance & Administration Manager
Purpose of the post:
The Accountant is in charge of preparing, reconciling and analysing the accounting records and financial reports of the Delegation.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
Bookkeeping cash and bank Kampala
- Explains the ICRC financial structure and procedures to collaborators, internal and external
- Receives the bills, audits and crosschecks accuracy and consistency of all accounting documents submitted, i.e. amounts, Requisition Orders, Purchase Orders/contracts, accounting details, as per the Organisation’s rules and procedures, prior to submission to the Finance & Admin. Manager for approval.
- Prepares all payments by bank transfer and confirmation letters timely and delivers them to the concerned respective parties
- Monitors the cash flow of the delegation and prepares cash transfer request as per monthly projections to the headquarters.
- Enters all cash payments in the accounting application and establishes the vouchers and supervises all entries related to cash payments.
- Establishes accurate reconciliation of bank journals with bank statements.
- Ensures that accounting data entered is as per ICRC chart of accounts and uses the standardized entries for imputations.
- Handles the delegation's VAT file and follows up the refunds from URA.
- Ensures that payments for statutory deductions, such as NSSF and P.A.Y.E are timely executed.
- Prepares power of attorney list for the bank – new signatures and cancels previous ones.
Financial reporting and meetings
- Prepares monthly financial planning and submits it to all the concerned.
- Prepares the list of newly approved Allocation of Expenditure and timely submits it to all the concerned.
- Prepares any other financial lists or statistics as required by Administration on an ad hoc basis.
End of month closure
- Performs extensive quality checks of the monthly accounting and corrects omissions/mistakes.
- Prepares monthly projections and handles the monthly closure independently, under the general supervision of the Finance & Admin. Manager.
- Liaises with all concerned departments in obtaining statistical data needed for the end of month closure.
- Performs end of month accounting closure.
National Society accounting
- Reconciliation of Uganda Red Cross Society accountabilities with ICRC accounts.
Minimum required knowledge and experience:
- University degree in Accounting or Business Administration
- 3 - 5 years working experience in a similar position
- Very good analytical skills
- Very good computer skills and knowledge of accounting software
- Excellent command of the English language
- Available for immediate deployment
Interested candidates will have to send their application with a detailed CV indicating email and phone contacts, copies of academic and work certificates, indicating a minimum of three professional referees by Friday 10 May 2019.
How to Apply
Send in your application letters and cvs with 3 referees to the address or e-mail below. Emails that exceed 2MB will not be considered. Email: email@example.com Address: People Performance Group Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O. Box 12405 Kampala. While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those that qualify will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.