Our client is a medium sized dairy manufacturer and sales company. It has been in operation since 2013. The company manufactures high quality dairy food ingredients for export markets. The current product mix includes the manufacture of Casein a nutritious milk protein plus Ghee and Butter. The Company has more recently installed equipment to produce a range of spray dries milk products including: demineralised whey powder, Spray dried skim milk powder and whole milk powder.
The vision of the Company is to be recognised as the milk price leader in Uganda thereby securing and growing a local liquid milk pool from dedicated farmers. This comprises four key strategic components:
• Operational excellence while maintaining a low manufacturing cost base.
• Developing a strong base of local farmers committed to supplying milk to the Company.
• Developing a strong business in Kenya a potential high value market for Dairy products
• Developing a strong commercial sales and marketing and business development capability.
An experienced financial working closely with the Board of Directors to ensure timely and relevant monthly reports to the board as well as board papers for board meetings. The CFO position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the on-going development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
• Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
• Develop financial and tax strategies
• Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
• Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
• Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
• Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
• Manage the accounting, human resources, investor relations, legal, tax, systems and treasury departments
• Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
• Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
• Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
• Implement operational best practices
• Oversee employee benefit plans, with emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package
• Supervise acquisition, due diligence and negotiate acquisitions
• Oversee the issuance of financial information
• Personally review and approve all required filings in compliance with the Ugandan Company regulations
• Report financial results to the board of directors
• Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
• Monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and legal issues affecting the industry
• Construct and monitor reliable control systems
• Maintain appropriate insurance coverage
• Ensure that the company complies with all Ugandan legal and regulatory requirements
• Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
• Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
• Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
• Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
• Arrange for debt and equity financing when so decided by the board
Knowledge/Critical Skills and qualifications:
• An MBA in Finance master's degree in accounting/business administration, or equivalent business experience.
• 10+ years of progressive experience in a medium sized company or division of a larger corporation.
• Experience in partnering with an executive team.
• A high level of written and oral communication skills.
• Ideally the candidate will be a Certified Public Accountant or Management account or whatever equivalent.
• Experience in Dairy would be a significant advantage.
Send in your application letters and cvs with 3 referees to the address or e-mail below. All applications should be marked: ‘CFO-PPG’ Emails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
Closing date: Friday 9th November 2018 at 5pm
Address: People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close
P.O. Box 12405 Kampala.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those that qualify will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.