Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Management and supervision of the production team to ensure optimum output.
• To be a member of senior management team
• Manage the factory operations including procurement of raw materials Technical department.
• Coordination with marketing and other company activities to ensure efficiency and effectiveness.
• Ensure that the financial plan and the production targets are met.
• Plan, organize and regulate the production schedules and make sure these schedules conform to corporate requirements and maintenance of operations to guarantee return on capital.
• Interview, screen and hire new workers and employees
• Organize staff training for production team to achieve effective manpower and enhance human resource utilization.
• Ensure that safety regulations and policies are implemented and adhered to by the factory workers.
• Initiate and implement plans towards attaining business objectives and production schedules while maintaining product standards. Assessing resource requirements
• Estimating, negotiating and agreeing prices and timescales with suppliers
• Organizing the repair and routine maintenance of production and factory machineries and equipment.
• Ensure good relationships and equal treatment among the workers.
• Administer assessments of employees’ performance and ensure that complaints of employees are addressed in time.
• Do any other activities as it may be assigned by the supervisor and/or management?
• Prepares and submits regular reports as required by management.
• Any other duties assigned by the Chief Executive Officer /or management from time to time.
• Must hold a Degree in relevant discipline
• Should have working experience of at least 5 years in similar position in a small or medium sized company
• Must possess a valid driving permit and be willing to work and travel anywhere in Uganda.
• Good presentation skills
• Confidentiality and high integrity
• Ability to work under pressure
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Personal commitment to issues of environmental and social sustainability
• Interest to work in early stage and fast growing environment
• Ability to prepare timely and accurate reports
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Plot 8 Kitante Close
Kazi jobs website