Reporting to : Finance Manager
OVERALL JOB PURPOSE
In this position, you are required to source for goods and services for the company in accordance to the company‘s procurement rules and regulation as well as following the best practice of procurement to attain value for money.
• Update the Vendors List (Suppliers/ Sub-Contractors) for goods and services
• Conduct market research and compile the price list of goods and services
• Procurement of goods and services using the best procurement practices –value for money
• Contract negotiation with supplier
• Liaise with User department in developing procurement plan
• Negotiate and executed contracts with the vendors as per requirement of quality, cost and delivery.
• Report on procurement activities on daily, weekly or monthly basis whenever it’s required
• Follow up on deliveries and receipt of goods at all the field offices
• Liaise with accounts in ensuring that all the required document such delivery notes, good received note and invoices are forwarded to account for the payment of goods and services purchased
• Deliver and pay any cash or cheques to suppliers or vendors upon needed
• Will coach and advise the storekeepers in their work.
SKILL ATTRIBUTES & REQUIREMENTS
Bachelor’s Degree in purchasing and supply /procurement with preferably a Professional procurement qualification such as CIPS
Excellent knowledge of computer applications
Have the ability to manage multiple tasks and think outside the square
Use eﬀective time management skills.
A good team player with strong interpersonal skills, outgoing personality, and ability to work independently and effectively under pressure and on strict deadlines
All cv, applications (including 3 work references) should be sent to:
Head Of Human Resources Kampala Hospital Limited
Plot 5C P.O.Box 35059, Makindu Close Kololo Kampala-Uganda