Department: Business Development/ Marketing
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises: Business Development Executive
• Chief Executive Officer
• Operations team
• Business Development team
• Finance team
• HR & Administration team External:
• Heads of Business/CEO’s
• Corporate and Individual Clients
• Insurance Regulatory Authority
• Insurance Companies
• Service Providers
• Insurance Institute of Uganda (IIU)
• Marketing Associations
• Professional and regulatory authorities
e.g. UMA, UIA, UNCCI.
• Other brokerage firms/ agents
Job Purpose: To ensure business growth through further acquisition, servicing and retention of clients.
• Ensure maximum retention of existing business and achieve sustainable and organic growth of current business
• Supporting senior management in augmenting sales strategies and targets
• Implementing preconceived sales development strategies
• Benchmark market activity and trends to provide focused, well researched
forecasts that will support the company’s business planning.
• Ensure acquisition and processing of all tender documents, ensure and timely delivery of tenders and quotations.
• Follow up on all submitted tender business with a view to closing and provide updates to management
• Following up new business leads by continuously engaging potential clients which will help to achieve departmental production targets.
• Manage and enhance relationships with clients and insurers to achieve high customer service standards including handling and resolving of customer issues.
• Liaise internally with other members of the management team to ensure effective and efficient execution of agreed strategies in order to achieve common goals
• Coordinate the bi-weekly meetings to update management on progress and follow up on business prospects.
• Conduct market surveys to gather intelligence aimed at providing guidance on how to deal with market changes and product development/review
• Preparation of business unit budgetary estimates and monthly Management reports.
• Represent the company in business forums and marketing activities/opportunities and doing presentations to clients
• Responsible for following up on bid prospects on media
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the management
Experience and Education:
• Business related degree from a recognized university
• Diploma in insurance will be an added advantage
• At least 5 years relevant marketing experience in a related field
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Excellent communication, presentation, persuasive and interpersonal skills
• Flexible, responsive and decisive
• Must have integrity and high sense of ethical responsibility.
• Analytical and knowledge of tender processing
• In-depth knowledge and strong business networks in Uganda
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Ability to lead and manage a team
• Demonstrate an understanding of key laws and rules of general insurance regulation, brokers, re-insurance companies and clients in this market.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.