Reports To: Operations Manager.
Supervises: Account Service Executives
Chief Executive Officer
Business Development External:
Clients (individuals & institutions)
Other Brokerage firms/Agents
Insurance Regulatory Authority
Job Purpose: To ensure business growth, promote efficient service delivery and technical training of the team through on job mentoring and coaching to achieve the desired department results.
• Responsible for revenue generation through retention of existing business and organisation growth.
• Take responsibility for the department’s productivity and targets.
• Ensure that risk management/loss control/insurance programmes are
properly geared to cope with client’s exposure.
• Responsible for Proper analysis of quotations received from Insurance Companies and make appropriate amendments/recommendations before presenting to clients.
• Ensure effective client service and provide professional advice to clients ensuring that they are fully aware of the ramifications of any relevant provisions of the Insurance Act, policy document and or industry practice.
• Supervise the day to day activities of the department to ensure productivity, efficiency of service delivery i.e. prompt handling of all queries, maintain regular client contacts, liaison between clients and insurers.
• Provide relevant reports and information to the management as may be requested.
• Involved in the preparation and review of the budgets.
• Ensure inspection is carried out on the property listed for insurance purposes to assess the risk, recommend appropriate insurance cover and ensure KYC forms are adhered to.
• Ensure timely receipt of invoices, policy documents, endorsements from the insurers as per service agreements and checked for completeness before forwarding them to clients.
• Sustains rapport with key accounts by making periodic visits, exploring specific needs and anticipating new opportunities.
• Ensuring that the insurance covers are renewed in time as per technical procedures manual.
• Provide supervisory, technical training and guiding role to the account service executives to maintain a high level of integrity, increase skills level, client service and performance of the department.
• Ensure that policy requirements are fulfilled, including any necessary risk surveys, implementation of the risk recommendations and the completion of appropriate forms.
• Ensure that Insurance registers prepared by the account service executives are accurately updated as per client’s current portfolio of policies and respective recommendations indicated before sharing with the client.
• Responsible for performance management of the business unit.
• Responsible for submitting monthly business unit reports to the Operations Manager.
• Accompany team members on client visits as part of job mentoring and facilitate insurance workshops for clients and provide relevant information about insurance.
• Organize monthly business unit meeting.
• Ensure systematic records keeping of client and insurer information
• Manage relations with suppliers i.e. insurers, valuers, trainers, among others
• Ensure proper credit control for the department
• Carry out any other duties as assigned by management.
Experience and Education: Education & experience
• A business-related Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
• Must possess a Diploma in insurance or its equivalent
• At least 5 years practical experience in Insurance Industry
Skills: Skills and Competencies
• Good product knowledge
• In-depth and strong working knowledge of insurance underwriting
• Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines
• Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
• Must be confident and well organized.
• Must have integrity and high sense of ethical responsibility.
• Ability to lead and manage a team
• Demonstrate an understanding of key laws and regulations relating to insurance in Uganda
• Good business management practices
• Strong attention to detail
• Flexible, responsive and decisive.
• Good negotiation skills
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.