Umeme is a public company cross listed on both the Uganda Securities Exchange and the Nairobi Securities Exchange As an employer of choice. Umeme remains committed to providing exciting career opportunities that bring the best out of our people in addition to providing safe and reliable electricity improving customer service, minimizing energy losses and operating in a cost effective manner.
Are you an individual with high integrity, dedication and commitment, then we welcome you to a future of possibilities.
Reports to: Operations Engineer
Department: Network Assets
To provide Technical support to the districts in Faults Resolution, Network Inspection, Network maintenance and Installations, New Connection installations, Meter Replacements, quick and timely resolution of all faults to ensure power reliability and continuity of quality supply.
Key Result Areas:
• Carry out switching operations
• Carry out Network inspections including lines, Meters and Operating equipment
• Installation and securing of meters.
• Carry out the exercise of data collection and customer mapping.
• Promptly act and accurately report and/or escalate all safety incidents, near-misses inclusive, in accordance with the Company safety incident reporting procedure.
• Inspection and replacement of domestic energy meters in the district.
• Ensure all executed works comply with the set Engineering, Regulatory, Operating Regulations on High Voltage Systems (ORHVS) and Environment, Health & Safety (EHS) standards, policies, procedures and rules.
• Provide timely and accurate reports as requested by the Supervisor
Minimum Job requirements:
• A Diploma in Electrical Engineering.
• Must have scored a credit in O-Level Mathematics
• Must have finished the Technical college course between 2015 & 2016
• Must be between the ages of 20-25
• Should have a driving permit
If you believe you are the one we are looking for, please visit our website on www.umeme.co.ug/about-us/galleries/careers.html and fill out the application form clearly detailing your
Suitability for the position in terms of required qualifications and experience.