Transeast has been in operation since 1990 and has recently grown to a fleet size of over 130 trucks. We have operational bases in Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania and DRC.
Our core business is the movement of Project Cargo to the Gold Mines of Northern Tanzania, Eastern DRC and the Oil and Gas sector in Northern Kenya Western Uganda. Our specialist trailer fleet consists of heavy haulage hydraulic modular trailers, extendable spine step deck trailer both on air and hydraulics to air suspension short lightweight trailers for the delicate electrical control panels for the oil and gas rigs.
Location: Luzira - Kampala
Reports to: Insert Job Title
The job holder will performs tasks related to the requisition, receipt, storage and distribution of repair parts, supplies, and materials for Transeast Group. The job holder will perform periodic cycle-count inventories and maintain automated inventory records and other documents related to inventory and material control.
This position requires effective and cooperative working relationships with other departments and the ability to resolve conflicts and deal effectively throughout the organization to achieve Transeast’s goals.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Orders, receives, stocks, and issues parts and supplies. Quickly responds to customer requirements. Takes material orders from customers, confirms requests and orders from vendors. Requisitions materials up to level of spending authority.
• Accurately records transactions and posts receipts of received items, reviews and verifies quantities received against bills of lading, contracts, purchase requests and shipping documents.
• Maintains accurate, detailed and complete computerized warehouse inventory catalog and records. Replenishes stock items. Updates daily repair parts posting and parts status sheet.
• Using the Warehouse management system, assists in the processing of maintenance shop work orders, assigns appropriate work codes and prepares and maintains open work order files. Receives, edits, sorts and files completed work orders.
• Initiates procurements, prepares requisitions, purchase order requests, and conducts online purchases within Transeast’s guidelines.
• Participates in physical inventory counts. Works with team members to resolve inventory discrepancies.
• Unloads, unpacks, counts, visually inspects, and segregates supplies. Operates material handling equipment and moves incoming supplies and materials. Notes damage or discrepancies upon receipt of materials and takes appropriate corrective action. Reconciles the received materials count against supporting documentation. Files and tracks freight damage claims.
• Operates Transeast Group’s vehicles and material handling equipment. Picks up parts or supplies using a Transeast Group’s vehicle.
• As assigned, either oversees or assists in maintaining the physical layout of warehouse including bin locations. Maintains a clean and safe work environment. Maintains warehouse security.
• As assigned, handles or assists in the preparation of warranty claim forms and in the warranty recovery process. Works with the Finance Department to settle claims reimbursements.
• Provides assistance to the insert job title the Storekeeper job holder reports to for related duties, as required.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by insert job title the Storekeeper job holder reports to
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• First degree or equivalent, in related field required.
• At least two years of experience working as a parts room or warehouse worker required.
• Parts room or warehouse worker experience in industrial, manufacturing, maintenance environment, or in a position with similar duties as described in this job description preferred.
• A minimum of one year experience with computerized inventory, equipment, and work order systems and equipment applications. Required
• Knowledge of Fleet maintenance policies and procedures, equipment, parts, materials, supplies and terminology
• Relevant health and safety procedures, programs and regulations
• A combination of other equivalent experience and education will be considered.
• Work effectively with co-workers at all levels of the organization, as well as people affiliated with other organizations.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
Kazi jobs website