The Senior Administrative and Financial Accounting Technician is responsible for all office financial transactions entry and analysis at country level.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
• Compliance with Mobikey trucks and Bus’ Financial & Administration Manuals such as Procurement policy, Travel policy & Authorization procedures.
• Ensure Mobikey trucks and Bus complies with all the country statutory laws and regulations such as tax regulations like PAYE, NSSF and other regulations
• Receipt of staff accountabilities like travel accountabilities, entry in the system and reconciliation on a monthly basis
• Compiling the monthly liquidity requests & cash flow projections/forecast on a monthly basis for review and approval before sending to global office.
• Facilitating both internal & external audits and the preparation of financial statements for auditors both office and donor audits.
• Effective & efficient petty – cash management in line with Mobikey trucks and Bus guidelines
• Implement and maintain an effective filing system to ensure that all financial records are easily accessible and readily available.
• Analyses and validates accommodation policy in compliance with financial standards.
• Identifies appropriate premises (offices, residences) in safe and secure environments.
• Negotiates lease agreements for premises and establishes agreements in line with regulations
• Supervises staff responsible for maintenance.
• Responsible for Asset Management and submits annual valuations for insurance purposes
• Maintains regular contacts with outsourced companies providing services e.g. security, etc.
• Ensures environmental protection measures are put in place and monitored closely.
Administration Team management:
• Supervises supports and manages the administration team (finance, Human resource and Administrative staff).
• Coordinates procurements for office supplies and any other items as may be required by different departments from time to time.
• Manages Admin/procurement third parties such as suppliers and insurers.
• Participates in the management of employment conditions (work contracts, remuneration systems).
• Oversees the application and adherence to internal regulations and is involved in the formulation.
• Participates in recruitment process and ensures adherence to the institutional policies and guidelines.
• Participates in approval for promotions, external trainings, sanctions and dismissals
• Supervise management of all legal matters in consultation with the CFO.
• Ensures equity in the annual appraisal exercise.
• Supervises attribution and maintenance of IT equipment.
• Approves all orders and purchases of IT.
• Management of the insurance database while guiding other departments
• The employee may be asked to perform duties and tasks not covered in the job description as well as to provide support to other departments when necessary.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE
• Essential - BA degree in accounting or related field
• A university degree in Finance or related field and a Professional Accounting Qualification is required.( CPA or ACCA) valued
• At least 4 years working experience in a similar position. Preferred background: Auditing companines, Banks, insurance companies, International NGO´s or other International companies.
• SAP excellent software knowledge!
• Excellent computer skill (MS Office package). EXCEL.
• Strong financial background with knowledge of different funding modalities
• Extensive relationship management skills in both public and private settings
• Negotiation skills
• Good interpersonal & communication skills, including intercultural communication
• Excellent language skills in English
• Stress management and ability to multitask
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• A good team player
• Self-motivated, pro-active and result driven
• Being an open and reliable person with high integrity
• Ability to work independently (plan , prioritize, meet deadlines, communicate) independently) but at the same time being a team player
• Ability to connect with people of different backgrounds
• Ability to transfer skills
• Gender sensitive
KEY RESULTS AREAS
• Up-to-date Asset Register
• Well managed cash Account
• Conformity with HR and Administration procedures across the organization.
• Elimination of software downtime.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
Address: Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O. Box 12405 Kampala.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.