The Embassy of Sweden in Kampala has a broad mandate to promote Swedish-Ugandan relations through political dialogue, development cooperation, trade and investment, cultural exchange and through service to Swedish and foreign citizens with issues related to Swedish authorities. Sweden is strengthening its engagement with Uganda in the area of trade and investment, and has embarked on a new programming period of its bilateral development cooperation. We are looking for new professional staff to join our team. We offer our staff a competitive package of benefits. The Embassy of Sweden adheres to a policy of equal rights and non-discrimination.
Programme Officer for inclusive growth and employment (environment and climate change)
The Embassy of Sweden is looking for a new Programme Officer at the Development Cooperation Section. The successful candidate will work in the area of inclusive growth and employment and also lead the Embassy’s work on environment and climate change. The Programme Officer will work in a team towards the following objectives:
• strengthened competitiveness among producers and suppliers of goods and services;
• increased productive employment opportunities for women and young people;
• Increased access to and control of productive resources for women.
• Management of development cooperation projects/programmes in productive sectors, including preparations, risk analysis, performance review, financial monitoring and managing audit processes;
• Focal point for environment and climate change;
• Contribute to reporting in the area of responsibility;
• Participate in trade promotion activities.
• Documented advanced academic degree in a relevant field, with documented knowledge of environmental and climate change issues as well as gender equality;
• At least 7 years of relevant professional experience in productive sectors;
• Documented experience of working with the private sector;
• Documented experience of managing projects/programmes, including financial matters.
• Sound analytical capacity;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Excellent command of English;
• Good interpersonal skills and experience of working in a multicultural environment;
• Ability to adhere to rules and regulations of the Embassy of Sweden;
• Motivation to promote Swedish policies and values.
• Documented experience of working with women’s economic empowerment.
• Documented experience of working at the regional/international level.
To apply please e-mail CV and cover letter explaining your suitability for the post and how they meet the requirements, incl. 3 work related referees and copies of certificates to the address below. Attachments may not fill more than 2 MB.
Clearly mark in subject field or on envelope: “Embassy of Sweden – Position name” where you replace “position name” with the position you are applying for.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close, Kitante
P.O. Box 12405, Kampala