The International Fertilizer Development Center (IFDC) is a Public International Organization governed by an international board of directors with representation from developed and developing nations. The non-profit center focuses on increasing and sustaining food and agricultural productivity in developing countries through the development and transfer of effective and environmentally sound crop nutrient technology and agribusiness expertise. IFDC is recruiting staff for a 45 month funded project, focusing on interventions in the potato value chain in proximity to Mbale and Mt. Elgon.
Project: “Promotion of Nutrition Sensitive Potato Value Chains in East Africa (Uganda).”
Duty Post: Mbale District covering neighboring districts in the proximity of Mt Elgon.
Grade: IFDC BG 9
Duration: 43 months project expected to start latest December 2017
IFDC is recruiting a Nutrition and Communication Expert to take overall responsibility for implementation of activities in the nutrition sector with a focus on early childhood nutrition, promotion and inclusion of enhanced household nutrition and dietary diversity. In addition the expert will be responsible for development of project communication materials.
Role and Responsibilities
• Leader of the nutrition component of the project
• Develop nutrition strategy for the project
• Design and adapt nutrition training materials for different audiences including farmer business schools, households and for community dialogue sessions.
• Ensure integration of nutrition approaches with agricultural training program.
• Link with existing nutrition structures at sub county and district level to ensure coordination and maximum outreach of activities.
• Create synergies with other nutrition programs/project to ensure maximum impact of activities
• Responsibility for project communication tasks
Qualifications and skills required:
• University degree in nutrition, household economics or related fields
• At least 5 years professional experience in implementing projects in the nutrition sector with a focus on: early childhood nutrition, promotion and inclusion of enhanced household nutrition and dietary diversity
• Basic knowledge on communication and M&E is required
• Work experience in Eastern Uganda is desirable
• Proficient knowledge in English is required (at least C1- level according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
• Knowledge of local languages (e.g. Masaaba/Lugishu) is a prerequisite
• Experience in nutrition sensitive agriculture programming is desirable
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.