The role of the Key Account Manager will be to drive the development and growth of a portfolio of key on premise accounts in Uganda with the relevant brand portfolio and to assist Sales in driving volumes and achieving targets in these outlets. Responsible and accountable for Key On trade outlet development including negotiating with Bar Owners and Managers of Key Accounts to build the Company’s premium spirits range.
• Signing partnership agreements and ensuring compliance with these agreements
• Identifying new Key Accounts based on pre-determined criteria
• Setting sales volume targets with On Trade outlets and following up on the same.
• Support in design, implementation, tracking and evaluation of planned promotional activity in the On Trade.
• Provision of market intelligence, investigating, analyzing and reporting on key competitor activity and market dynamics
• Managing trading terms negotiations, developing strong business plans for individual outlets and working with the Area Sales Manager to drive growth strategies in the On-Trade.
• Assist Area Sales Managers in achieving and executing sales targets for all Key Accounts through customer management
• Responsible for agreeing on cyclical promotional planning activity and managing all brand SKU pricing for the accounts in line with the company’s pricing guidelines.
CUSTOMER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
• Daily liaison with other members of the team to provide information and ensure that customers receive excellent customer service including deliveries
• Advising on changes and trends in the marketplace and the activities of competitors as well as offers to the trade.
• Monitoring the Monthly commercial performance of each account within a portfolio against targets set.
• Regularly liaising with existing clients to identify new business opportunities.
• Ensuring agreed upon activities with the Strategic Accounts are adhered to.
• Ensuring special attention is given to management and staff of the accounts through organizing networking events and reward schemes.
Knowledge – Skills - Experience
• Degree qualification in Business -Marketing or Higher Diploma in Hospitality preferred
• Proven success in negotiating commercially sound business agreements
• At least 5 years of experience in a Marketing or Sales Management role in a busy FMCG environment, 2 years of which should be at a senior management role working with On-Trade accounts in the Liquor industry.
• Proven track record in project management and client growth
• The Successful Applicant must have relevant alcohol On-Premise industry sales experience/proven experience at managing premium liquor outlets.
• This role is ideally suited to someone who is experienced in, and passionate about, the On-Trade channel. The successful applicant will also ideally have;
• Demonstrated Key Account experience
• Proven negotiating and influencing abilities at both low and high management levels;
• Managed premium On-Trade bar outlet successfully
• Strong communication/presentation and negotiation skills;
• Strong commercial acumen and a creative mind set.
• Evidence of achievement within a commercial environment
• Results orientated
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below. All applications shall be marked: “Accounts Manager”. E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
People Performance Group
Plot 8 Kitante Close
P.O. Box 12405 Kampala