Responsible to Workshop Supervisor
Schedule maintenance and repair appointments through adequate liaison with workshop Supervisor, charge-hand, parts-man and clients, ensuring that booking in and out procedures are in place and that all documentation requirements are followed.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
1. Be fully familiar with and ensure compliance, within the scope of the receptionist’s duties, with the requirements of Contracts Vehicle Maintenance Policy.
2. Be responsible for maintaining the scheduled maintenance planning board, ensuring that vehicles and ancillary equipment are maintained to the appropriate frequencies.
3. Apply the scheduled maintenance booking process, circulating appointments to clients so that they are aware of what vehicles are due and when they are required.
4. Produce vehicle inspection sheets, completing the header boxes as required, ensuring that mechanics have them available prior to commencing the work and coordinating any outstanding repairs or specific tasks which are to be incorporated.
5. Handle client enquiries regarding the progress of maintenance and repairs.
6. Maintain the workshop diary and out of service log.
7. Monitor and measure progress on work performed by sub-contractors.
8. Identify warranty claims, where appropriate, and ensure they are maximized and progressed commercially.
9. Progress Driver Defect Reports, highlighting the requirements to the workshop supervisor or charge-hand.
10. Raise all job sheets.
11. Ensure the accuracy and completion of all statutory maintenance documentation completed by mechanics i.e. inspection sheets, driver defect reports, job sheets, etc. and that it is properly filed for the required retention period.
12. Operate computer terminals, including direct input into computerized stores system and timesheets into costing system.
14 Provide information to HQ staff, Income and Creditors Sections. Complete Cheque requests for MOT testing, etc.
15 Collect and return vehicles, as required.
16 Liaise closely with Workshop Supervisor, charge-hand and parts-man as required.
we urge you to send your applications as soon as possible to firstname.lastname@example.org
All applications should be marked: ‘Client- Job Title’. E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.