• Honours Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or Information Systems Management.
• Networking certifications, such as CompTIA’s Network+, Cisco’s CCNA, and Microsoft’s MCTS: Server 2008 Network Infrastructure Configuration e.t.c. is an advantage.
• 3 years of relevant working experience.
• Effective provision, installation/ configuration, operation, and maintenance of the Data Centre systems hardware, software and related infrastructure.
• Creating, changing, and deleting user accounts per request.
• Developing and maintaining installation and configuration procedures.
• Contributing to and maintaining system standards for the Data Centre.
• Performing daily Data Centre systems monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes,
• Reviewing system, application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups of database and critical files.
• Troubleshooting faults in the Data Centre systems and subsystems.
• Any other duties that may be assigned from time to time.
The NSIS project has 14,662 vacancies to be filled. The Ministry of Internal Affairs would like to fill these vacancies on contract terms from four (4) to Sixteen (16) months to support the project team. Applications are invited from eligible Ugandan Nationals ONLY for the mentioned vacant positions in the NSIS project. Applications should be addressed to the Permanent Secretary, Ministry of Internal Affairs, P O Box 7191, Kampala; and hand delivered to the NSIS project Offices at Kololo Ceremonial Grounds. PLEASE NOTE: Application forms should be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website: www.psc.go.ug. Applicants must attach copies of their academic documents and a recent passport size photograph. Applications should be received by Friday 13th December, 2013.