The Population Secretariat (POPSEC), which is mandated to carry out promotion, coordination, Advocacy, Monitoring and Evaluation of the implementation of population programmes and activities in Uganda, is seeking for a qualified and experienced individual to fill the following vacant position. The position is project based and located in Kampala but will require frequent traveling to different parts of the country during field work.
Job purpose: To manage the acquisition of goods and services according to the laid down policies and procedures and the relevant procurement and disposal Laws of Uganda,
Key Duties & Responsibilities:
· Heads the procurement section.
· Plans, organizes and coordinates the budget activities of the procurement section.
· Coordinates with Head Finance and Administration, Finance to ensure enforcement of procurement, as well as adherence to budgetary provisions.
· Develops and implements suppliers selection process which is fair, transparent and in compliance with the procurement regulations.
· Develops and implements suppliers and prices database.
· Prepares standard documents to be used in connection with procurement of goods and services in the company.
· Issues general guidance, advice and assistance on specific issues to all departments undertaking procurement of goods and services for their work.
· Responsible for forecasting the institution’s cash flow requirements.
· Performs any other duties as may be assigned by management.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
· A Bachelors degree in business, preferably with specialization in Accounting or Finance or Procurement.
· Professional qualification in CIPS is a must.
· Must be computer literate in MS Office Packages and Power Point.
· A minimum of three (3) years in procurement management, logistics and supplies with a bias in government institution.
· Knowledge of Uganda Procurement regulations will be an added advantage.
Population Secretariat is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified Men and Women are encouraged to apply.
Application letters including up to date CVs and photocopies of certificates stating three referees should be addressed to:
The Ag. Director, Population Secretariat, Ministry of Finance Planning and Economic Development, Statistics House(2nd Floor)
Plot 9 Colville street P.O. Box 2666, Kampala
Attn. Head Finance and Administration.