Mission: To assist the healthcare service providers in providing state of the art service to patients
Vision: To be the preferred one-stop-shop supplier of Pharmaceuticals, Para-pharmaceuticals, consumables & Medical equipment by private and public hospitals in Uganda and neighbouring countries
Values: Passion, Ethics, Customer Service, Creativity & Team Work
Reporting: Board of Directors and/or its delegate
It provides leadership to the business and ensures efficient and effective day to day running of the business. It ensures that all actions taken lead to business growth while ensuring strict compliance to local legislation and internal procedures. It also ensures that services are provided as per agreed Operating level Agreements (OLAs) and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) to ensure service excellence.
Key Result Area Weight
1. Put in place internal policies and procedures
2. Ensure purchases are made in line with internal procedures
3. Maintain vendor relationship
4. Oversee purchasing and logistics arrangements to ensure adequate stock holding & storage capacity
5. Proactively initiate corrective action to resolve operational issues with regards to the storage and distribution of healthcare products
6. Prepare order forecasts in a timely manner and as per agreed annual sales targets
7. Develop an annual strategic plan for all the departments and ensure its timely implementation
8. Implement and monitor auditors’ recommendations
9. Plan, develop, organise, direct, manage and evaluate operations and budget of the supply chain
1. Ensure financial statements are prepared and presented as per good accounting practices
2. Ensure best deals with regards to freight
3. Close monitoring of consignments and follow up of claims with respect to damaged products & short expiry
4. Validate monthly Operational KPI’s and submit to Manager within deadline
5. Ensure billing by service providers are as per agreed rates
6. Work on cost reduction measures and increased efficiency
7. Monitor debtors ageing
Sales & Marketing
1. Maintain a professional relationship with suppliers
2. Adhere to suppliers’ regulations regarding storage, sales activities and pricing structures
3. Ensure marketing budgets are efficiently and effectively used to bring annual growth in sales
4. Ensure highest standards of ethical behavior
1. Promote and encourage the development of staff by using effectively the performance appraisal system to set ambitious but attainable targets for team members
2. Assess team member’s performance with respect to targets set and providing regular counselling to employees on progress of performance.
3. Identify staff training & development needs and recommend development options (e.g. training courses, coaching, rotation, etc.) as they arise.
4. Effectively coach team members to upgrade staff skills and maximise existing talents while developing new capabilities
5. Develop a formal succession plan
Customer Service Management
1. Ensure that we excel in our level of service to our customers
2. Ensure that all complaints from customers is dealt with promptly and efficiently
1. Strictly comply to Company and Group Policies ( e.g. Group Anti-Corruption Policy, Code of Business Ethics, Safety & Health…)
2. Ensure compliance of all policies by team members and remedial action in case of breach
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work-related referees including the most recent or current employer to the address or e-mail below. E-mails that exceed 2 MB will not be considered.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.