Our client is a key partner to the Ministry of Finance and the Ministry of Health (MOH) in Uganda. They work to reinvent how to improve the lives of the under-served. They think big, but operate lean and nimble. They train community health workers to bring health services and products life-saving to people’s doorsteps through modern technology.
Working with our client, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive.
Do you want your work to matter? Do you want to use your advocacy skills to make a difference, not just money? Do you want to improve millions of lives, including your own?
Our client works to reinvent how we improve the lives of the under-served. They think big, but operate lean and nimble. They train community health workers to bring health services and products life-saving to people’s doorsteps. Services like prenatal assessments and well baby visits. Products like medicines, fortified foods, and modern contraceptives.
They also transform community health through mobile phones. They train community health workers to assess the health of mothers and children with mobile phone apps and to treat common illnesses like pneumonia, malaria, and diarrhea. They also create predictive algorithms to make the best use of their time. And they test cool new tools like paperless referrals to clinics and biosensors to monitor infant and child growth.
With our client, you will have the chance to apply your ideas and creativity every day. If you work well in a dynamic collaborative culture, set high standards, and meet challenges with determination and a sense of humor, you’ll thrive at Living Goods.
They have a team of 150 employees in Uganda and will grow to 3400 in the next four years. This year they will serve 5 million Ugandans. In four years we’ll serve 15 million. They're growing because they’ve honed a model that works and we are driven by our mission: to ensure that every mother and child has basic healthcare in their community.
Reports to: Technology & Innovation Manager
Location: Kampala, Uganda. Up to 30% upcountry travel required
Our client is seeking an IT professional to coordinate new IT initiatives and ensure proper roll out across our network of Community Health Workers and potential new partners. This role is critical to the organizations efforts to scale our impact and achieve our mission through high impact user focused technology...
The IT Projects Manager will plan, organize, and integrate cross-functional information technology projects that are significant in scope and impact and will also coordinate the work of other IT and administrative staff to deliver new systems/software. The core elements of the job are about organizing people and time resources, and seeing projects through from inception to completion.
• Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
• Develop detailed project plans, goals, and budgets; identifying resources needed and perform risk management to minimize project risks
• Organise and manage all phases of the project to ensure on-time completion, within scope and within budget
• Initiate, review, or approve modifications to project plans.
• Develop schedules and methods for tracking projects and measuring results
• Prepare project status reports by collecting, analysing, and summarizing information and trends.
• Schedule and facilitate meetings related to information technology projects.
• Identify need for initial or supplemental project resources.
• Coordinate recruitment or selection of project personnel.
• Prepare requests for proposals and conduct all necessary meetings to facilitate selection of project services and products
• Plan and oversee the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
• Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
• Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
Key Performance Indicators/ Performance Goals:
• Number of projects delivered on-time within scope and budget
• 5 years+ of work experience in information technology. A minimum of 1 year in a similar position
• Relevant educational background, preferably in the fields of computer science or engineering
• Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
• Proven working experience as a project administrator in the information technology projects. PMP/PRINCE II certification is a plus
• Excellent client-facing and interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrable attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
To apply please send your CV and cover letter with 3 work related referees to the address or e-mail below.
All applications should be marked: “IT PROJECTS MANAGER”. E-mails that exceed 2MB will not be considered.
Address: People Performance Group Plot 8 Kitante Close P.O. Box 12405 Kampala.
While we thank all applicants for your interest, Please note that only candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will be considered and only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.